Possible alternator issues?

Bigant

Hi

Each time I run my series 2a 21/4 petrol the battery runs flat so I am assuming that there is an issue with the alternator, however the alternator was new when fitted and has done barely any mileage.

Could there be something else that is faulty and preventing the alternator from passing a charge back to the battery?

Ant help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bigant

Have you checked your wiring? Put a multimeter on the bettery with the engine off, and then again with the engine running, if it's all correct it should read about 14v when running.

Also do you have anything fitted that could be draining the battery?

Hi

I need to run a volt metre test for sure, as far as the battery its brand new and the belts seem all a OK.

I can't remember what setting to opt for to run the voltmeter test, any suggestions?

Bigant

With ignition off, remove battery terminal, measure current (Amps) across the gap (if you're not familiar with how to use a multimeter, google it before blowing it up). Should be pretty much zero, if it's not you can play the game of unplugging things until it drops to zero, then the last thing you unplugged is the drain. Fortunately not very much electrical on a Series!