New Member and Early Discovery Workshop Manual CD's

carnegos

Just posting to say hello to everyone. I am a new member and although this is my first post I have already used the forum to find some really useful information.

I am the proud owner of a 1994 Discovery and despite it wants to fall apart and consistently throws up new problems it is proving to be generally reliable and great fun.

My Discovery left the factory as a V8 but somewhere in its history a 200TDi engine has been fitted as well as what can only be described as a well used R380 gearbox. It is an early 1994 model (i.e. before the 300TDi was introduced) and seems to be a mish mash of earlier 200TDi model parts and later 300TDi model parts, for example it has the earlier dashboard but later 300TDi headlamps.

I was in need of a parts catalogue due to the problems of identifying which bits were fitted as well as some more detailed workshop instructions due to finding the Haynes manual lacking in such things so I bought a CD from the internet covering these earlier 1989-1994 models as I understand the RAVE CD's do not cover them. I bought it from Bearmach and it is the Heritage Motor Centre disc LHP3. Unfortunately I found that this does not work on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 and the PDF's are encrypted so they cannot read them without the original disc,

Most of us I think have now moved on from Windows XP to 7 or 8 and these discs are becoming useless but they are still selling them without warning to the earlier system specifications required.

Now, I don't want to break any forum rules by offering links to my files (copyright and all that) but I managed to break the encryption on the PDF's today so that I can view the documents on my Windows 7 PC or print them out for use when working on the vehicle and am prepared to help others WHO OWN these discs and may be less computer savvy to access them on more modern PC's. If the Moderators feel that this is wrong please feel free to delete this post but I don't feel this is a breach of the copyright laws having paid for the original discs only to find that they will not work on more modern computers.

Anyways, nice to meet you all!

Welcome :)

Rather annoying to buy something and find it doesn't work.

Links to other sources are not in themselves an issue (no different to Google searches that turn up content that might or might not be legal) but we cannot allow the actual files to be hosted on the forum. We will leave the verification process as to prior ownership of the disc set to you ... it seems that as long as you do that any claim of copyright infringement would be weak, especially if the product is being mis-sold in the first place.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome BogMonster and for clearing up the issue with regards to posting about his on the forum. I wouldn't say the product is being mis-sold as such, it's just that they do not make any statement as to the fact that the discs will not work on modern operating systems.

So...

If anyone is looking for the 1989-1994 Land Rover Discovery Manuals in PDF format I may be able to help. The disc I bought, LHP3, contains the following:

Owner's Manuals
01 1989 to 1990.pdf
02 1991.pdf
03 1993 to 1994.pdf
Parts Manuals
01 Index.pdf
02 Engine.pdf
03 Gearbox.pdf
04 Transfer Box.pdf
05 Axles & Suspension.pdf
06 Steering.pdf
07 Vehicle & Engine Controls.pdf
08 Brake System.pdf
09 Fuel & Emission Controls.pdf
10 Exhaust System.pdf
11 Cooling & Heating.pdf
12 Body Electrics.pdf
13 Body & Chassis.pdf
14 Interior Trim.pdf
15 Seats.pdf
16 Stowage.pdf
17 Accessories & Paints.pdf
18 Special Vehicle Options.pdf
Discovery 1989 to 1994 Workshop Manuals
Book 1
01 Introduction.pdf
02 General Specification Data.pdf
03 Engine Tuning Data.pdf
04 Torque Wrench Settings.pdf
05 General Fitting Instructions.pdf
06 Recommended Lubricants Fluids & Capacities.pdf
07 Maintenance.pdf
Book 2
01 Engine.pdf
02 Emission Control.pdf
03 Fuel System.pdf
04 Cooling System.pdf
05 Manifold & Exhaust System.pdf
06 Clutch Hydraulic System.pdf
Book 3
01 Manual Gearbox.pdf
02 Transfer Box.pdf
03 Automatic Gearbox.pdf
04 Propeller Shafts.pdf
05 Rear Axle & Final Drive.pdf
06 Front Axle & Final Drive.pdf
Book 4
01 Steering.pdf
02 Front Suspension.pdf
03 Rear Suspension.pdf
04 Brakes.pdf
05 Wheels & Tyres.pdf
06 Chassis & Body.pdf
Book 5
01 Heating & Ventilation.pdf
02 Air Conditioning.pdf
03 Wipers & Washers.pdf
04 Electrical.pdf
01 Introduction.pdf
02 Supplementary Restraint System.pdf
03 Chassis & Body.pdf
04 Panel Repairs.pdf
Overhaul Manuals 1989 to 1994
01 V8 3.53.94.2 Engine - 1989 to 1994.pdf
02 T Series (MPI) Engine - 1993 to 1994.pdf
03 LT77S Gearbox - 1989 to 1994.pdf
04 LT230T Transfer Box - 1989 to 1994.pdf
Accessory Fitting Instructions
Accessory Fitting Instructions.pdf
European On-Board Diagnostics Workbook
European On-Board Diagnostics Workbook.pdf

Welcome to the forum. The headlight upgrade was quite common on the 200tdi as many people liked to make the vehicle look younger, and sherpa lamps were not thought to be cool enough. There are a number of part directories on line which are free and easy to use Microcat is just one.

Mmm perhaps so but that's a bit like buying a printer from a shop and then getting it home and finding it needs an RS232 port to work. Reasonable expectation of working on current equipment, Win 7 isn't exactly new nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

hi just inherited my dads disco 200tdi build 1992 - would love a manual as have to replace starter motor already. it got wet in the hose leak and burnt out! head gasket will have to wait for mechanic, but need to get starter to get it there!! any help you could give would be awesome. thanks.

hi just inherited my dads disco 200tdi build 1992 - would love a manual as have to replace starter motor already. it got wet in the hose leak and burnt out! head gasket will have to wait for mechanic, but need to get starter to get it there!! any help you could give would be awesome. thanks.

PM'd you jayn-ie

• 2 years later...