4.0 lr90 gets it's megasquirt

Rangie46

Thought it best to put the ms install here as it's the proper section and is a carry on from my build thread in the members section which can be found here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=86540

So picked all my kit up from Nigel the other day, top bloke who explained everything so hopefully this should be a breeze, so first was the crank sensor so tdc set and fit, went like clockwork

925B33CC-3113-4C32-834D-7FA8EF3EDE4A-305

Next coil packs, as my originals are shot I went with a set of ford coilacks and new lead kit, but needed to make some kind of mount, so a few shots of what I came up with

B7D346ED-A7D5-4F72-BA75-E92AD55DD244-305

Painted and fitted

F0DB06B0-50C3-4D20-B72C-BB8E8EDBA149-305

Coil packs fitted

C6BBA779-7F2C-4718-9B62-5334E905699B-305

And that's as far as I got this weekend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I've not been updating this thread, but we had some issues with the ecu which Nigel sorted out ( top man, bet he's well fed up with me ringing him) anyhow all sorted and running here's a wee vid, tap the pic below hopefully it works, it's running a bit rich and the exhaust was leaking and reading lean, so can't tune yet but it's booked in on Monday to have an exhaust custom made, so will be taking me laptop with me and data logging on me way home, now need to get reading the tuning threads.

th_1894DFB5-08BD-489D-A3F3-28C7ADEEDAC5-

Nigel hope you liked my phone message :-) got the exhaust done today strait through with a single cherry bomb in the middle, put a new set of plugs in and done a quick 15min data log on the way home as it was running a bit rough, let megalogveiwer do it's thing and she now sound's the nuts, must resist the loud pedal as it still needs running in i am over the moon

A wee vid

http://s336.photobucket.com/user/wangie46/media/3B6FAA0C-33BA-40E3-B4D3-1694B4C96755-156-00000444A3B2A0F6_zps552a6c89.mp4.html

well mot today and a pass, :i-m_so_happy: even the tester said he was shocked how good the emission are for a v8 with no cats, and I aint got a clue what im doing with the tuning side of things, I have just been letting megalog viewer do its thing and accepting its new msq's, well chuffed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Not been about for a while but but wanted to update the thread, still been driving the landy and enjoying the sound of the v8, every where I go I get kids waving and people stopping me to have a chat about the landy, she had her 2nd mot this week with the ms and passed again no issues with the engine at all, big thanks to all that helped me with it all and a hats off to Nige