Plasma Winch Webbing

MogLite

spike appear during use(well they did on mine)

when we broke the plasma at Slindon we tied the broken end onto Nicks bumper and dragged him free.

the saftey/ease of handling is great.

I threw the wire rope/fairlead in the skip, nowt wrong with the rear wire but I hated using it.

Wire rope £35

Nicks £110 approx

no comparison.

plus you'll save wieght do more mpg that'll pay for the rope.

...........being spanked round the legs with a bit of plastic hurts................

Steve.

Aren't you getting your hobbies muddled up ?

This is LR4x4 you on :lol:

eeek! nearly got caught out there :ph34r:

I don't regard it as a consumable because I'm gonna be careful with it and treat it like it costs £200! Wire on the other hand is easily mangled in "normal use" if it just gets a bit criss crossed.

Think it will take a long time for the weight/mpg argument to make itself felt in the pocket Tony, even with the monstrous price of 64p a litre we pay for petrol and a scandalous hike to 39p a litre for diesel last month :ph34r:

Anyway if all other arguments founder I just like the stuff and it's my money so what the hell :lol:

wire is dangerous with spikes/lethal if it snaps can't be thrown up hills easily kinks and gets in a sodding mess.

I'll be buying Nicks stuff as and when, I've snapped one rope twice then respliced it, still working fine.

sanpped once a wit a great flower pot and the second time when trapped by a poxy snatch block.

both times nothing was damage bar the flower pot...

oh and Nicks rangie when we cut it free.

Nicks rope at the price he charges is superb value.

Too many Ncks as usual. ;);):ph34r:

Hi,
All these synthetic ropes Dynaline,Dyneema,Spectra,Plasma,Vectran etc are manufacturers trade names for the same composition material using Kevlar as opposed to conventional ropes which are manufactured from terylene,nylon.polyester,polypropelyne etc .

The above statement is quite untrue in every possible way as none contain Kevlar!

All the figures quoted are wrong and every individual manufacturer of synthetic lines claims different characteristics and performance specifications for their products, this also applies to steel as there are different qualities and maufacturing processes available for this also..

I am happy to discuss the technical composition of the various synthetic winch lines in detail off forum as it will require a great deal of technospeak, boring as h**l for the majority of viewers.

Sweeping statements should be reserved for people using brushes and in general are just for pushing rubbish about!!

Andy Thomlinson.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH,Kevlar is a trade name of Dupont and has the same characteristics as Dyneema etc,sorrrrrrry you are wrong Kevlar is contained in some synthetic ropes as are the equivalent manufacturers version.

Hardly a flogging or hanging offence as I'm quite sure most people interpreted my post as it was and is meant.

The quoted breaking strains are generally correct as everyone with on ounce of sense knows that every manufacturer will vary as will every rope of the same size and different construction composition.

Unlike you I don't claim to be an expert,I just run a Land Rover with winches and own a crane hire business,

nor do I attempt to patronise the forumeers by thinking they wouldent understand a subject thats hardly rocket science.

Hi,

Tell you what, when I want to know about the crane hire business I will come to you - If you want to know about Synthetic Winch Lines you come to me!!!

Deal?

And as for generalisations, we all know where that leads to when applied to the 4x4 :-

To big.

To dangerous.

Gas guzzling.

Supermarket & school run tanks.

Environmental disasters destroying our beautiful countyside.

Need I make any more "generally correct" bias, prejudiced statements?

Andy Thomlinson.