Old Soddenrightthoughbury Today

Hybrid_From_Hell

the story with these bulkheads is that some cleaver people search landrover parts book for brackets/washers/screws

in the bulkheads case order a certan bracket on the bulkhead this part cost's a £10 and hay presto you recive the hole bulkhead for free!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

it also happened with 4 pin diffs brand new complete diff form landrover £30 you just pay for some small part of it

lots of people where having a good time out of these parts you just find a helpfull parts man in landrover dealership and at the end of the day he's doing no wong :unsure:

Andy,

If you know the 'certain part number' i should be ordering for a tenner would you please pm it to me so i can order this useful bracket.

Thx,

Nigel

bougth a few other odds and ends, then last night, about 8 hours after leaving the old sod, i had to swerve off the road to avoid a deer, and stoved my front bumper, headlight trim panel, various internal wing bits and a front tyre into tree......... to say i was not happy last night would be an understatement. :angry::angry:

matt.

Bad finish for you as well Matt , I was gutted, Smashed my o/s/f wing ,bumper and bonnet on my 90 right outside the gate of old sod , What peed me off even more was I sold a mint 90 bonnet for £40 earlier that day . and Bought a mint wing and let my mate have it.

Guest diesel_jim
Andy,

If you know the 'certain part number' i should be ordering for a tenner would you please pm it to me so i can order this useful bracket.

Thx,

Nigel

And me too please.... :D

I had a good day - bought some new front hockey sticks for a fiver - just in case the ones I've hacked up don't turn out too good! Got what looks like a decent Disco PAS box for £25 CW drop arm (cos mine leaks a bit), some replacement wing mirror arms (£2) (Thanks Nick) - so, apart from doors / door skins - everything I'd hoped for!

Nice to see some of you. Sorry If I didn't chat to you - it was pretty busy most of the day - which was good!

Si

What did I get?

An astonishing amount of money for quite a load of old tat! :lol: B) First time as a seller - might take it up professionally. :lol:

Didn't buy anything either! How proud of myself am I !!!!

Good to see those of you who stopped by for a chat, even better to see those of you who bought some tat whilst you were there! B)

Big thanks to Matt for towing the tat there and back, and for minding the store whilst I didn't buy anything :o .

Ciderman - don't worry about your front end - japcr@p man's insurance is about to furnish you with a new one surely?

Ciderman - don't worry about your front end - japcr@p man's insurance is about to furnish you with a new one surely?

A bit of a dilema there Bish , The chap says he was insured as a named driver on his wifes insurance , which rang alarm bells , But after a phone call from the chap this morning he has made an offer to pay for the damage to my 90 without going through the insurance .

This would be the better option in my opinion as the insurance would probably right mine off , and after spending some 70 hours fitting engine s gearbox , and a respray , that would nause me off a bit.

I took my small trailer with two 90 wings,8274-50, 3 tyres and some rear light gaurds.

sold the lot. :) I sold trhe winch at about 10.30

Bought

RRc new snorkel

new freelander steering rack.

pair 03 Disco2 head lights

two new Koni rear shocks

two new monrow front shocks

25 alloy wheel stainles capped nuts (new)

EBC disco 2 front pads (obviusly new)

disco 2 rear load matt GP.

Oh and a quite nice Range Rover LSE 4.2

Took £250 with me came home with £80 I had a fantastic day.

And I gave my mate £50 to collect the RR from the show ground.

yep one of the best sodbury's I've had I think

Guest diesel_jim
A bit of a dilema there Bish , The chap says he was insured as a named driver on his wifes insurance , which rang alarm bells , But after a phone call from the chap this morning he has made an offer to pay for the damage to my 90 without going through the insurance .

This would be the better option in my opinion as the insurance would probably right mine off , and after spending some 70 hours fitting engine s gearbox , and a respray , that would nause me off a bit.

did the accident happen in the showground itself or out on the road? if it was on the showground, i'd take whatever he's offering, as it's private land and he doesn't technically need insurance.. :angry:

I had a similar thing happen once,

Saw the Isuzu and your car on the way out, failed to recognize you, sorry.

Sandbag's car got written-off recently, just in a minor way, still driveable. Insurance co paid up for the cost of a new one and let us keep the "wreckage" for nowt. :) Pretty sure you could insist on keeping it either way.

Chris

almost talked to SimonR about his chopped radius arms, but was too shy to say hello to anyone, this was probably the closest i get to feeling what normal people do when they see a celebrity :rolleyes:

You could have talked to me instead, sort of a half way house. :)

despite being hotter than a big pile of fire next to a radiator the fan will spin freely with the engine off :(

That is how they are. They need to be spinning to drive the fan - complicated, but they work rather like a torque convertor and only lock up when the engine is running. I test them by poking something soft-ish into the fan with the engine running, if the engine is hot and the fan stops there is a problem. I am sure that this is not a safe or reccomended method of testing!

the 90 has consumed a tank of diesel in 237miles so we are averaging V8 economy at half the speed, at least we can go out in the rain tho :D

At 237 miles in my Tdi 90 I would be playing the fuel light lottery - uncomfortable terretory!

Cheers

Chris

Tsk, sometimes I get the feeling you have a poor impression of me. :rtfm:

It went down the drain actually, hope it's not something dodgy. :(

Les. :)

Does this explane why you are now seeking the services of a drainage engineer? :P Or is that merely the aftermath of Fi's visit? :ph34r:

Chris

Brought a few things;

axle stands (silly thing to buy first, they're bloomin' heavy after a while!) so I can get on with the Series

Front radiator panel and a radiator in *very* good nick for £15 B)

Seat box lids (as I'll be making my own seat box, so didn't need the whole thing!) for £2

Excellent little Series keyring

Stickers :rolleyes: , well, it's traditional :lol:

Still 100 things I need, but had an excellent day with alot of nice people so it was a big success for me B)

I took my small trailer with two 90 wings,8274-50, 3 tyres and some rear light gaurds.

sold the lot. :) I sold trhe winch at about 10.30

was looking for a 8274 :angry:

only one i saw was a standard 8274 which was manky for 700 quid, bloke was having a larf, he still had it at the end of the day, wot a surprise

Did any of you buy one of those re-sealable blue drums? There were two sizes and I bought a couple of the smaller ones. I don't know what the thick white gunky stuff is that they used to contain, but I cleaned it out of them this morning. It takes scalding hot water and plenty of washing up liquid to shift it.

Les. :)

Did it smell slightly perfumed?

If so it was probably handcream/moisturiser and (reasonably) water soluble.

only one i saw was a standard 8274 which was manky for 700 quid, bloke was having a larf, he still had it at the end of the day, wot a surprise

Oh, most of the 8274s at Sod make me laugh. I ran into a bloke last time who wanted £300 for one with a cracked casing and £500 for a 'rebuild' one (blue hylomar everywhere and Husky motor). I can't believe these people think 8274s can be worth sooooo much.

That might have been the same one PaulW, RogueV and I saw at the end of the day in the fenced off field. Bloke said he probably wanted to keep it, but we could persuade him otherwise in exchange for 600 notes. We kindly guffawed and wished him a good day.

As far as my purchases are concerned, I spent £225 of the £210 I took with me as a contingency! I wasn't planning on buying anything. So apart from the four QuickFists, a Fire Extinguesher (in-date), a MagLite, A Fuel filler cap with attached 'don't leave at fuel station' cable, two small 500kg load straps, and some LandRover clothing, I also managed to pick up (just) a brand new Halfrauds Roller Bearing toolchest for £80 (£179 RRP down my local store), and best of all (I hope) an EP9 Winch for £85! Ok it's a 24V jobbie, but I'll offload the motor on eBay, and fit a 12V motor. I have rope already (I'll probably fit wire on the back, having experienced first hand the effects of gravity when the rear winch rope gives way on a precariously dangling Landy), and hopefully it will drop straight into the new winch bumper on the back of the bob tail.

Thanks again to Paul & Nick spotting the winch and bringing it home for me.

All in all a fabulous days retail therapy!

I was shopping for both my '71 Rangie, and a friends P38A Rangie. Managed to find a set of headlight units for mine for 4 quid (need the wiring loom as mine has disintegrated! Also found a set of headlights for him, 15 quid for a brand new pair! Also got a set of early RR scuttle badges (very rare)

Rosey bought me an LED torch from the LR Gear shop (for my birthday) She tested it, and some of the LEDs don't work! Poo! :( Also got two kids LR sun hats, bargain at a quid each.

Saw Les Henson, Chris Watts, and a couple of peeps from the RRR.

On the way back, took a wrong turning in Pangbourne. My mate decided to turn round on the forecourt of the Bentley dealership. They were not impressed as he left a trail of mud across their lovely clean forecourt! :D Oops!

I lost my Old Sodbury virginity this weekend. I had to leave at 1400 but I wished I could have stayed longer, I didn't get round half of the site, I wasn't expecting for it to be so big.

Collected this from Sodbury (although not actually bought there):

101_0051.jpg

The previous owner may wish to stay anonimouse.

Also got a couple of ropey door tops for it to make it a little bit more water tight in the short term. Just got to find myself a noce dry barn to put it into and then it's time to break out the grinder :ph34r::ph34r: