Puma bonnet on older vehicle.

One of the things I found when I drove for a while in hot weather with my bonnet off was that the airflow through the flaps decreased dramatically; and in +40C that's a bit of a problem, what I'm wondering is if fitting the Puma bonnet has any similar effect to the airflow or not since the old style one seems designed to maximize air pressure right at the key point.

Yes, those things are obvious. However airflow is a complex fluid dynamics problem and not something where guessing and common sense are effective in predicting; hence 3d modeling, wind tunnels, etc. I'd like to hear at least anecdotal evidence before making a decision on what to do about my damaged bonnet.

There are a few people who have fitted Puma bonnets to older landies, I think Landy-Novice on here has ( not sure if his 110 has been put on the road yet though) so hopefully one of them will comment on this thread for you.

Oh and I believe Ash Witty has done it as well and his is definitely on the road.

I have changed my bonnet for the later puma bonnet type as I carried out an engine conversion and the turbocharger was about four inches too high for the original. I have noticed no difference at all in regards to the airflow flowing through the flaps when out driving.

• Like 1

I can't say I've noticed a major change in vent effectiveness whether I have my bonnet mounted spare wheel fitted or not, and that must disrupt airflow more than the humped late bonnet. It does have an effect on the windscreen washer jets, though.