RRC Rollcage

I'm looking for ideas, manufacturers or handy people.

I want an external cage for a full body 92 range rover classic, or am external cage with protection bars for the outside like wings and roof etc. I'm not good with drawing/designing and I'm about 3500 miles away from my motor at the moment. I would like to compete so would need a compliant cage.

Any ideas?

Then you have main hoop and stays internal, the rest external, and jointed up through the roof -itis how I did mine, and P&P will be able to sell you a kit this way, with 2 sets of roof rails, windscreen bar and hoop and a rear hoop to take it down the rear most corners of the truck.

I would say though, if you think you may ever do either a body lift or a bobtail then do it NOW, it gets annoying to have to redo all your work.

I would say though, if you think you may ever do either a body lift or a bobtail then do it NOW, it gets annoying to have to redo all your work.

Isn't that the truth! :unsure:

I had my internal hoop put further back so I could put the seat further back as I'm tallish and the rear diagonals moved forwards so I could bobtail, both make it hard work for the rear passengers, especially with the armrest there, but it's very infrequent I have any so they can walk or struggle :) I didn't want any more weight than I had to so the cage was the minimum possible to top the roof crushing if I rolled rather than the sort of cage where the cars expected to be on it's side every week.

DSC01015.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00967DesktopResolution.jpg

DSC00643Large.jpg

DSC00645Large.jpg

I did most of the work myself, bringing it back to the chassis rails for main hoop, welded on outriggers for front hoop (the only way really) and again, outriggers for rear stays.

Looks like Al's was a more bolt-in affair? I designed mine so it could be on it's head and not worry too much.... I will try and dig some photos out.

Mine is p&p. I bought it complete as a bolt on cage for speed really, it would take me a long time to make a cage & I don't have facilities for tube work. It doesn't have to be tied to the chassis to stop the roof caving in as the seats are attached to the body if that makes sense but I did tie mine back to the chassis via the rock sliders at the front and middle hoop and the rear diagonals to the rear cross member (which also forms the rear bumper on the bobtail). Some people say swap for solid body mounts if your going to do this as the movement can fatigue the welds but mines been ok so far. I guess it depends how rigid it all is?

I'm confident it would stop me being crushed in pretty much any off-road accident but obviously the car body may become misshapen. Actually who am I kidding, it's already misshapen ;)

Ayup Pete, hope you are well.

I would go for an internal B hoop with an external front as above but run tubes right along the gutters to the back, if you have a good wrap around rear bumper and rocksliders with tree bars and wide tyres you'be got most of the bodywork inbetween covered. And then what about making some tube wings for it to save the front?

Will.

Aye will, not bad mate. Will be much easier to get stuff sorted when I'm back home again. This is what I was thinking. Extended bars to the back of the roof. I'm wanting a rear winch as well so I need to get some hands on get a tape measure out. Rock sliders are already fitted.