Gutter sealant

I appear to have a leak at the door top on the passenger side. At first glance, it looks like it is coming round the door seal, however a closer look reveals it is coming from higher up inside. I think the gutter is leaking to the internal channel and then this is dripping down the door.

What sealant have you guys had success using in the gutter? I have a brownchurch rack fitted if that makes any difference, so will have to raise that, then apply the sealant and then drop it back down.

If only a narrow crack I tend to use Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure. It's water based, very low viscosity, gets sucked into narrow cracks by capilliary action and sets clear. Because of that I occasionally need a couple of applications to block the leak. Then I usually follow up with a smear of Loctite 5368. I use 5368 because it was used on special vehicles at work and I could get it easily. Being black it was not out of place on my 110.

If a wide crack, I still use both 5368 and the creeping crack cure, but put the mastic on first and let it dry.

Deffo more water next time Barry.

Captain Tolleys is a great product and sealed my leaks... I have a colour coded roof so it's a invisible solution for me. Only really works on small cracks though.

Neil

• Like 1