Project Thor.

bobtail84

Nice project & sounds really nice.

I squirted a 3.5 with 3.9 manifold. Really satisfied with the outcome.

Now just received a "good" 4.6 with THOR and thinking of upgrading.

What have you done with the waterpump housing? Is this the original 3.9 housing?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom, if you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see that I have used the original 3.9 housing. HFH developed the spacers to allow the use of the 3.9 housing and if you look closely you might notice that there is no thermostat. The disc is a direct replacement for the stat and I find it really helps the flow and also there is enough restriction to keep it from running to cold. Using the original housing means still using original hoses.

Hi, I have a thor systeme in my garage, and i would to know if this systeme give more torque ??

i have a 4.6l with HW manifold and MS, but no very torque for me , and I love torque

thanks a lot

Hi Antoine, as Fridge said you might need a tune up BUT that said I did put a viper cyclone cam from Real Steel which is the biggest duration cam I could fit without modifying the valve train and the Thor conversion definitely has more "torque" than a standard 3.9 so if you put a high torque cam in a Thor 4.6 it will pull very well.

Try not to forget it is a Rover V8 and not an LS.... :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

surley that any extra torque that you have gained has been lost by restricting the air intake with that cooker ring!

why not fit multipoint injection for your lpg? much better and no more backfires

The cooker ring only restricts the air flow at higher RPM's so the extra torques are still freely available at the lower RPM and my truck is not the kind of vehicle you would race around. I have a full Prinz LPG injection system that has been lurking in the shed for a number of years but I personally don't think there is enough benefit to warrant the work involved. If the cooker ring system is set up correctly, IE spend time on the AFR with the adjuster screws I find it all works very well even when totally submerged.

The only time you get a back fire is when it runs lean on idle or just as you start to accelerate both of which can be sorted out with right adjustment and running duel maps helps as you can have the correct spark table in use.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys, sorry for opening a late thread but I was just wondering if it is possible to fully install the complete thor inlet including the thermostat?  I would prefer to use the thermostat. 

Fantastic build by the way. Massively interesting read.