Engine-specific bunfight thread

FridgeFreezer

Lewis - you mean Charlie Broomfield? I think you'll find that's a 27-litre RR Merlin from a tank :o:ph34r:

Christ my memory is bl**dy terrible

the MOT tester must've either been killed by the noise or been unable to stop laughing long enough to conduct the test

:hysterical:

How can they call the mag Practical Performance car? it should be called Ridiculous Performance Car

Lewis

[*]Audi A2 diesel install was super neat

did any photos ever emerge of that?

i read about it on this and maybe a few other fora, but never saw any pics, nor any replies to threads.

someone on pirate is in the process of shoving a vw 1.9tdi into a series. i think its the 90bhp mid 90's effort. it almost fits under the transmission tunnel its so small. i thought my 'suzu lump sat far back.

sorry i digress.

to add another question what about a cheap jap turbo engine? should be light i suppose, but i gather for many that its not too much of a consideration.

As large amouts get smashed up by office types trading in the BMW's and buying Shoguns and L200's

I have heard about loads of L200 with hundreds on the clocks being smashed up by rolling on round abouts and country lanes by the shiny suit brigaed

What about the 3.2 Mitubush engine I have seen some amazing things from them but standard there very pokey

the L200 have a far bit of Tauque

Andy - that's Charlie Broomfield as mentioned above. You've got to love the style - note the 4 ton engine crane made from a forklift sunk into the garage floor :blink:

I don't care how practical it is, that chap is a hero!

Hmm - Merlin engine and icelandic paddle tyres and scoot over the top of the mud/water B) I think the merlin might be a bit heavy to pull it off though :unsure:

So what you're saying, Al, is that you had access to a supercharged 27-litre V12 Spitfire engine and you LEFT IT WHERE IT IS when you left uni? :huh:

Go back and get it! You may need to enlarge your pockets or get a doctor's note about elephantitis but it'd be worth it :D

You leave my nuts out of this! :P

Hell yeah - it's already mounted on a nice wheeled stand and eveything, I could just dress up as a vending machine repair man, throw a sheet over it and wheel it out into the awaiting transit van... ;)

But to be fair it wouldn't have been my first choice, that was one of the less interesting ones... B)

[Of course, getting the larger ones into a transit could be tricky...]

Al.

P.S. I'll sell you the location for half your engine budget. ;)

Hmm, some interesting options there, what about a ford TDCi...although i am particually partial to the VW diesel engines, if there was a way of mounting one of those with a decent auto box to the tranny box (LT230?) then it would make a fantastic machine :)

Hmm, some interesting options there, what about a ford TDCi...although i am particually partial to the VW diesel engines, if there was a way of mounting one of those with a decent auto box to the tranny box (LT230?) then it would make a fantastic machine :)

The one's I've driven have been rather like similar sized modern petrol engines - not much at the bottom end - so I'm not sure how good they'd be in an off roader?