Halfrauds

Les Brock

found these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ategoryrn_31427

(if the link works) The picture is ok, but the cost is high and the description? Well... 18 piece bit set (flat blade, crosspoint, hex and star) with adaptors ??? what's that about then?

Just when I was beginning to think that Halfords are getting their act together and supplying some good kit. The obviously need to do some work on the web site too :(

Rog

ok so the link was truncated by some 'clever' software - this time you'll have to cust and paste:

"http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162927_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_31427_crumb_3395

-33943_parentcategoryrn_31427" without the quotes

Aw b*gger - I can't get this thing to work.. Sorry :(

Rog

Try this TinyURL link

I've just been in and got the form and was then asked for at least 4 pay slips from a garage, a months supply of trade account invoinces from a motor factors and a copy of my motor qualification certificates. :(

I'll not be going back there, must try a different branch next time.

• 1 month later...

Bought a complete set of fixed head ones about three years ago, they've been brilliant but I did fill them with spray grease from new.

Bought a set of flex head last year, I don't use them so often but when I do they're a lifesaver.

What you can do with the flexhead is turn them to 90 degrees and ratchet a nut off a stud that's facing away from you, means you can twiddle a nut off really easily where otherwise it would be real pig with lots of hard work with an open-ender.