I am very happy to have found a well equipped, nice, low mileage 2004 Td5 Defender in which I have just replaced the standard intercooler with the large Allisport model and a Boost/EGT combo gauge.

The vehicle is already equipped with a PSI Motorsport "IP-Powerbox".

The issue now is that I register temperatures in excess of 900 Degrees C when pushing hard. Boost reading noted is 0.9 bar when wastegate opens.

There is still a lot of smoke but only when pushing hard, although less than with the standard intercooler.

My main concern is the temperature and I wonder if anyone out there has experience with this PSI Gadget.

There are jumpers inside the box and I assume there are different fuelling levels possible by changing these.

I have sent a query to PSI in Luxembourg, but would like to hear from anyone out there having experience with this and perhaps had the chance to play around with the settings.

I believe by reducing the fuelling the temperatures would drop to acceptable levels not to damage turbo. The smoke should then also reduce.

Lars

post-46377-0-36861800-1407142997_thumb.jpg