electrical wiring Junctions

Yeh man, I was biggin' with the Wago's this morning on the van :)

Practicality;

Don't like what you just laid in?? Just flip the lever and change it.

Ever had the screw connector come loose? Won't happen with a spring connector.

Have you got one earth you want to split to 4? then 5way wago it.

Consider it one up from a scotch-lock and one down from a proper crimped spade. But when all said and done, nothing is going to do better than a proper narrow brass crimp with a rubber shroud like the OE's use.

If you use a 3 or a 5 way, use mini cable ties to bring the cables together tight in a group, to reduce wire fatigue. But this goes for screw connectors as well. If you're really worried, tin the ends of the wire, as the wago still grips well.

Unlike screw connectors it is easier to connect 2.5mm with tiny wires than with any other method I've seen.

Not used these exact terminals, but use quite a lot of Wago parts at work. They are very good, never really get a problem with them, although always used in an enclosure. For vehicle wiring though you ideally need boot lace ferules on the cable ends first.

That is a awful lot of money for something doing a simple job which freely allows moisture ingress. Simple and elegant yes, effective, not so much. I also can't see those little plastic levers putting much force on the wires compared to a crimp.

Junction points I swear by proper well fluxed soldering on a large crimp connector. Lots of people hate soldering, but that's because of dry soldering. I have never had a joint fail.

Having said this though, they would be great for test boards!

That style are used a lot for all sorts of things and seem pretty reliable, but I've not seen them used anywhere that's exposed to the elements or mechanical movement / vibration.

I'm sure Wago would tell you their intended use, either on their website or technical hotline. They might say they work fine, or they might tell you it's a terrible idea and recommend something better.

For junctions of multiple wires I either use standard crimp butt splices, solder & heat-shrink, or a commoning terminal block / bus bar depending on the exact nature of the job at hand.