AVM Freewheel hub broken (series III 109) new one or back to stock?

xychix

One of my AVM feewheel hubs (on my newly acquired vehicle) is locked in both settings (4x4 and 4x2) while the other works jut fine.

Also it seems it has been abused (broken open with a chisel is seems) and glued back together....

Since a new pair costs ~250 Euro's I'm wondering if it would be cheaper and easier to go back to normal hubs...

1. you thoughts on AVM freewheel hubs

2. anyone a partlist for what I would need to replace a AVM with standard stuff?

Throw the AVMs in the bin, IMHO they are a waste of time. Without looking at a parts list, you'll need drive members, nuts, split pin and end cap, all fairly cheap.

http://www.paddockspares.com/571711-drive-flange-24-spline.html

drive flange is a drive member I assume?

Nuts and splitpin are already there. (the one that requires a special tool but usually can be opened easily with something else + de splitpin that goes trough.)

• 2 months later...

Not so long ago I came across a single 23 spline AVM hub on eblag for very little £.

Needed it for my X-Deflex ARB that I bought second hand. The PO had taken it apart and lost all the innards!

Like you say they are rather spendy for a new pair, especially if you only want one.