Boost alloys and spacers

Anyone on here running boosts with spacers? I am now at the stage of my refurb where I need wheels and tyres. My friend and parts supplier was coaxing me slowly into terrafirma alloys which are on special at the moment, but I just got a set of 5 new take off OE boosts for a very good price.

My query is, do I change the front axle to 300/td5 spec with the thinner mounting flange or run spacers? I know the terrafirma wheels were either 0mm or 10mm offset, boosts are 33mm. Running a 30mm spacer would drop me to 3mm offset...so no real difference from fitting a low offset wheel.

Cost wise, I rebuilt the td axle...all seals, hub flanges, bearings, cv's and swivels...and all new brakes too (yup I know it's only a 10 spline). The hubcentric spacers will set me back about the same amount as a used front axle...which will then need a rebuild too. I have done the forum search and looked at the webrover link with regards to fitting to the early front axle by filing the offending parts and removing the drive member spring washers...but I'd like the centre caps to fit! I have a later once piece halfshaft rear disc axle so that's not an issue.

Just looking for some real world experiences.

Ok, I gave in...owing to the massive response to my plea for info (lol :P ) I have a 300tdi axle on its way. I'll just need to break the wire brush out of retirement and scrape the skin off the can of black smooth rite that's been undisturbed on the shelf for a long while. I did fit the later calipers to my td axle and I'm pretty sure I still have the metric caliper bolts (£5 each!!) still lurking in a box....so those will hopefully transplant without too much drama. Just need to order some bearing and swivel rebuild kits, as well as some thicker polybushes for the wider trailing arms....I am so glad the wife doesn't get to read this!

I'm pretty sure gambling or a cocaine addiction would be a cheaper hobby....