please help me, Disco won't start.

muddychris300tdi

The last few times I've used my 300tdi 1996 (spider removed) disco and have come to start it without locking since turning it off the immobiliser light would come on and it wouldn't start. Pressing the unlock key on the fob all would be fine and it would start.

Today I had to do the above a few times but then I got no response out the fob and it won't start as the immobiliser light comes on. I have tried replacing the battery in fob but that hasn't worked. The only way I can get it to start is with a screw driver across the start solenoid.

Please help me.

Chris.

My guess is you will need to by-pass the security unit located under/behind the glovebox. You can do this easily by bridging two connections, hoever once this is done the key fob is disconnected as is the anti-theft alarm -- and you will need to open the doors manually with the key. There will be a thread here as to the connections to bridge as I did this many moons ago before I lost patience with the MFU and rewired my Disco and discarded all the electronics