Replumbing series 2a clutch in 1/4 pipe?

oneandtwo

My 2a lightweight has always been plagued by a stiff clutch despite a NOS pedal box, flexi pipe, slave cylinder and linkage bushes.

I have a 300tdi spring assisted pedal box to go in it when I get around to it; currently it is all plumbed in 3/16" pipe - Is there any advantage to retaining the 3/16 - 1/4" adaptor on the 300tdi master cylinder and replumbing the rigid pipe work in 1/4" pipe and using a 300tdi 1/4" flexi pipe to the slave cylinder with another 3/16" adaptor to allow the larger diameter flexi pipe to mate up with the slave?

I presume land rover changed to 1/4" pipe with the series 3 to get a lighter clutch action?

Land Rover liked big pipes for the clutch - but it cannot make any difference to the weight which is determined by the ratio of master cylinder piston cross sectional area to slave cylinder piston cross sectional area and the ratio of the length of the pedal to the pedal pivot and the pivot to the master cylinder operating rod.

It may be that the fluid flow would be improved by the larger pipe - but this would only really matter if you deliverately released the pedal rapidly by for example slipping your foot off it sideways - which isn't really a material consideration - and I doubt if the flexy is the same size internally.