multi tone horn

g&t

Not strictly Landrover related but it's nice to see that the bloke nicked recently for playing the 'Dukes of Hazard' theme on his multi-tone horns (whilst conveying a bride!) has had the charge dropped. Apparently the cops that nicked him were unaware that these horns are in fact legal on a pre-'73 vehicle. Still, it gave the bride something to talk about on her wedding night - no lewd comments please gentlemen!

I found this to be true back in the days of owning old ex military trucks. It was a brave (or bolshy) copper who stopped one of these vehicles, as the owner probably knew more about the C&U regs appertaining to the age of his vehicle than the bobby!

NB: I believe multi-tones are legal (but somewhat pointless) post '73 if the all the tones sound at the same time. Something to do with concern that multi's could be confused with those of emergency vehicles.

multi tone horns if not blown , and you have a obligatory horn , can be fitted (other than alternating dual tone eg NEE NAA) but as soon as you use on road then ! except as previous mention regarding year of first registration .

I've got a fire engine horn :i-m_so_happy:

Well....to be strictly true.... I've got the NAA...a friends got the NEE on his hybrid!

• Like 1

I have twin "Bull Horns" on my Disco, which are great for persuading feral camels, goats, kangaroos and emu's to get off the road but I would be loath to use them in the suburbs, even a trucks engine brakes dont put out that much noise !!