300tdi Front Radius Arm Bushes

AdeParko

I fitted new Britpart black poly bushes to my 300tdi back in February, but yesterday started to get a knock from the front passenger side when hitting a pot hole or bump

Are these bushes likely to have worn after only 6 months?

What bushes does everyone else use/recommend?

Thanks

Ade

They can do if they were incorrectly or poorly fitted - as in being forced into the radius arms rather than gently pressed in and/or you have been doing a lot of off road driving - or they were poorly made in the first place (another bad mark for Briparts??)

I'm in the process of replacing mine after over 200,000 off road kilometers, and 300,000 in total -- I just had the standard LR units for the Disco but this time around I'm going to fit the Range Rover Classic units that have a second inner tube, in theory this makes them a little bit stiffer while not being as unforgiving as urathane. Urathane bushings in my "umble opinion are great for competition use as they have minimal give, thus your suspension and steering geometry stays as per the pre race/rally set-up, however as that have little "give" the VNR (Vibration, Noise & Harshness) levels experienced suffer and if there is no resiliance something else down the line will suffer as a consequence.

On my rally cars urathane bushes were always used unless the bush could be legally replaced with a rose joint (spherical bearing) but the suspension was checked after every event and suspect items replaced, in short the suspension system only needed to last one event or say 500 kilometers, not the life you want on your road going vehicle.