Hawk car alarm and central locking

V8Pete

Has anyone fitted a Hawk Car Alarm and Central Locking unit to their Defender? I fitted mine and it all worked fine when I only had the two front doors connected to the central locking. When I connected the two rear side doors it seemed to lack the power to operate all the solenoids. It still works on the key but not from the remote. Hawk said that can't be possible but clearly it is.

It could be that the lock mechanism in Defender doors is too stiff.

Has anyone got it working properly with all four doors?

I don't have one of these systems, but if you operate the lock with the key, that's in reality only 3 locks you are operating electrically.

Try disconnecting one rear door, then try it on the remote fob.

Is there any way of putting a delay into the rear locks, so you operate the front locks, then 1s later you operate the rear? We do this on crossovers on the railway so you don't get both machines taking power at the same time, we stagger them and it reduces the current draw.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try disconnecting one or two of the rears to see if it makes a difference.

The drivers door is a five wire, the rest two. I'm not sure whether the remote just activates the driver's door and that in turn triggers the others. If it does it could be a problem with the drivers door solenoid.