another project

alland

Was this a Friday afternoon chassis at Land Rover?

The chassis rails are made of two C shaped channels one smaller than the other so it's edges fit inside the larger one then welded up .... well that's how the right hand rail is done, if you look at the left hand one it looks like they were offset (so both C's should have been the same size) and then bent to make it fit before welding.

hi cwazywabbit i know what you mean but its the camera or me with the camera lol they are both the same

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys id like a bit of help ,well first off talk about things doing your head in ,put landy back together and guess what no heater motor,lights go dim when you put switch on,so stripped dash got to motor moved it with screwdriver and hay it works fine left it and its perfect... soddin thing.

ANYWAY the sills on my disco were welded to a good fashion,but ive stripped carpets out and there a a few small holes usual places so im not going down the road of them full sill panels, ive got box section steel 3mm thick i want to use as sills ,could i buy just new body mounts, weld them to back of box section and just use them as inner/outer sills what you think?

Well here i am again got disco sort of on the road with 2 seats in it to run around in and guess what no heater ,ffs motor wont work ,

so i stripped part of dash and put screwdriver in inspection hole in the top fiddled hay ho it went but its noisy so ive taken the whole dash out seats floor the lot sod it ,

changed heater box and my mate has a lovely complete 300 grey interior so im fitting it as im having his mint doors so, im going to spray the dash dark grey and center console ,was going to recover it in black leather but na ,ill spray it so ive got a set of cream mint seats door cards 2 sets rear panels the lot if anyone wants ive offered top jeff first if he doesnt want them come and get them freee,,,,,, but im keeping seat base on front

on another note guys whats your thoughts on cranked trailing arms and radius arms my 200 has 2"LIFT PLUS 2"SPACER UNDER shock tower lift ,as im looking at bushes they seem stressed ,thanks

Dash ain't so simple, the 200 has the dash sub frames spot welded into the shell the 300 has removable frames that are bolted in and you will need absolutely everything off the 300, steering column etc,. Oh and the speed transducer for the speedo as it is electric not mechanical.

Seems a heck of a lot of work for such a small gain, I personally preffered the 200 dash as it is smaller and more compact, although I did like the 300 dash in my V8, the 200 just suits me better.

Dash ain't so simple, the 200 has the dash sub frames spot welded into the shell the 300 has removable frames that are bolted in and you will need absolutely everything off the 300, steering column etc,. Oh and the speed transducer for the speedo as it is electric not mechanical.

Seems a heck of a lot of work for such a small gain, I personally preffered the 200 dash as it is smaller and more compact, although I did like the 300 dash in my V8, the 200 just suits me better.

hi nige im keeping the 200 dash i really like it just have to change the colour love the motego clocks v qwerky lol

Well another fine (pissing down )day, so i thought i got so much to do in a week as im back in work next week need landy ,so erected some sort of tent thingy as

every time i pull my tools out it feckin rains , so i thought ahahhh , but erected it it stayed fine oh well .

Cleaned and sprayed dash grey v pleased with it too then looked at leaky alpine window sorted it nice to get that small rubber back in isn,t it

D3CTzUv.jpg

mr1mCD4.jpg

CNSNXfp.jpg

o3cjuq9.jpg

UJKYuID.jpg

wRS0cM1.jpg

what a f*"£!"£ nightmare i have taken front screen out as there was suface rust on pillar and stone chips on roof and front rubber was leaking and had seen better days cleaned all around and sprayed relavant surfaces and i was well happy removed wing as found bit of rust in floor repaired that and inner wings are excellent suprisingly, so i get the rubber which was mint from my other black 200 ,and go to fit the screen but omg its vvv tight fitted loads of screens over the years and you guessed it bink it cracked , but i think it was my fault so onto the other screen i had used lots of fairy liquid and a thin rope type cord its 90 % in and no where where i was pulling it cracked id had enough so its off the broad and auto glass are going to supply and fit sod it ive had enough lol

• 5 weeks later...

hi folks well been slow progress im afraid ,But ive managed to take off roof bars found a bit of rot on the rear by one of them so cut it out repaired it ,flatted roof down sprayed it gloss black , bought new led lights re painted light bar it was v rusty fitted dash new screen sealed all windows sunroofs do not leak yay.... at the moment lol.

I woulds like your thoughts as my fuel tank strap was beyond repair so was bracket i decided to use a lorry new ratchet strap and bolted it on pulling it tight i think its ok . here are some pics also i had nightmate with seats had to make up 5mm thick brackets as 300 seats are wider mountings that 200 .

4odf9FI.jpg

QFtHj4s.jpg

7WsZYXN.jpg

YRCet2G.jpg

cjGxer1.jpg

o7m75hi.jpg

Sweet :wub:

Like the LED flood/spot lights, they any good?

hi nigel they are very good 2640 lumens each i ordered 2 from china and 2 off a company in birmingham 60 pound a pair just went down my mates in the dark excellent brightness white light too be carefull ive seen the same lights on ebay for 300 pound

• 4 weeks later...

Well its that time of year cold time to work on the landrover then lol

Over the weekend ive removed the gearbox,transferbox,clutch flywheel and stripped to the gasket on the back of the engine between the starter housing and block as it was leaking oil there but not the oil seal,

Anyway ive put new clutch ,r 380 box out of a 1998 disco and low mileage transfer box , its lovely its bloody hard on the garage floor mind lol and on my own

Anyhow ive put rtv high temp sealant instead of the gasket as i did not have one between the starter housing and block

BJpGyNw.jpg

DesLs6H.jpg

53JDb2g.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi nigel they are very good 2640 lumens each i ordered 2 from china and 2 off a company in birmingham 60 pound a pair just went down my mates in the dark excellent brightness white light too be carefull ive seen the same lights on ebay for 300 pound

Do you have a link for the lights by any chance?

The disco looks great, you have done a cracking job on it :i-m_so_happy: