Defender 130 "wolf" ambulance. More coming?

isbjorn

Hi.

Im wanting to buy a 130, 300tdi ambulance. But I wanted to check with you guys how hard they are to come by. There is 2 nice ones for sale right now, but I would rather wait a year before buying (got some other projects to finish first).. But I can't remember seeing them for sale very often.

Do you recon there will be more for sale or has the army already sold all of theirs? And what would a decent price be?

Cheers

post-11398-0-62603600-1411982097_thumb.jpg

So we can safely assume there will be coming more to the market in the future..

How about the price picture. I guess they get sold by date or milages, whatever comes first. Found one 10 000 miles for 7 grand.. Sounds quite fair to me. What do you recon?

IIRC military vehicles each have a allocated budget per vehicle, those vehicles that use up their budget first get released to the disposal agency for sale to other customers or to the general public.

nwere vehicles are usually supported by the manufacturer or the nominated agent such as Lex Leasing.

Hi.

Im wanting to buy a 130, 300tdi ambulance. But I wanted to check with you guys how hard they are to come by. There is 2 nice ones for sale right now, but I would rather wait a year before buying (got some other projects to finish first).. But I can't remember seeing them for sale very often.

Do you recon there will be more for sale or has the army already sold all of theirs? And what would a decent price be?

Cheers

Hi.

Cheers

Where are the 2 nice ones you've seen?

There is a tatty one on Witham's site, but haven't seen any others.

The one on the Nene site has been "arriving soon" for a long time, so I suspect that's more likely to be them fishing for interested customers.

Someone at a recent show told me the mod rarely used the vehicles and were considering selling off the back bodies and using the chassis to create trip carriers. Not sure if this is likley, but if it is you will see more bodies than complete vehicles. witham's have been selling back bodies recently, so there may be some truth to this.

I would strongly consider buying a nice one of I could find one.

Ken.

Pulses used to go for around £15000 but prices could be dropping if more are released, £7000 is cheap. There was talk of them being converted to 130 crew cabs as mortar carriers but I don't know if this was going ahead, only seen one.

There's a few pre wolf ones floating around that the RAF used, usually Locomotors bodied.