Ashcroft

It depends on your centre portion. I bought ashcroft shafts cv's and drive flanges for my challenge landy and it's totally worth it! I have not broken a halfshaft or cv since. And I have 35" tyres, ARB airlockers driven by a tuned 3.9. I have shattered my front ARB diff after a jump but ashcroft still going.

current + previous discussions here on CV's with some detail:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=91222

short answer, no early ashcroft CV's wont fit a 300TDI axle which uses thin driving members, because the stubs on an early CV are long (as landroversforever stated).

The pictures on ashcrofts + KAMs websites show the differences clearly in driving member shaft lengths.

The ashcroft shafts will also be 23 spline (at the CV end), and the 300TDI are a fine spline which enters the CV (32 spline [may be 33!, too much information, but defiantly a fine spline]), where as the early CV's (AEU2522) upon which the ashcroft early CV's / spider are based were a courser spline (23) CV.