Alternator Upgrade V8 90 but guess will do others too

What i have is a 24v 90 mostly derived from a wolf, the problem is that some of the ancillaries are 12v such as the rear winch compressor for the lockers radio etc these are all running of of one of the two batteries for the 24v system, the problem i have is the rear winch and compressor are pulling one of the two batteries down(plus the kids blowing up bike tyres). This one battery doesn't get charged properly for the amount of use it gets when off road (battery is good).

I have fitted the 90amp mondeo alternator and single 12v battery to run the said ancillaries, problem is i haven't got a clue how to make it work.

All the ignition wiring is 24v.

Cheers Pete

• 4 years later...

My car (TD5) came with a Denso unit good for 115 (idle) to 210 (max amp). I don't know why this car have this alternator, is the only one I have seen in a Land Rover. It looks very similar to my neighbor's Cummins powered Ram HD one. I don't have a part number, but the alternator is a bolt on piece, nothing adapted

Carlos, Given the history of your land rover-it being armoured i would think It's to do with the possible radio equipment and other electrical ancillaries that may have been attached before you got hold of it

John