V8 Cranking but will not start Disco 2 4.0

rovernut

Has been running fine. Parked up at work as normal but would not start at home time.

Cranks over fine but not firing.

Tried locking and unlocking, shifting gear (will only crank in N or P as expected.

Going to try the spare key today and plug in hawkeye, don't know if this will show the fault but fingers crossed.

No codes in any section on hawkeye if I force run the pump it works but does not run when ignition turned on. The Mil stays on so I am beginning to convince myself that it is the Cps

£55 for genuine and a fairly easy swap so looks like the best place to start.

Sorry I should have been a little clearer.

The pump is working but the engine not.

If I am reading the manual correctly. The Cps is the one sensor that can cause the no fuel, no spark situation and not leave a fault code.

I think the inertia switch does the same but have substituted that already with no change.

Before you go to the expense of replacing the CPS, have a look at the sparkplugs. If they seem fouled, fit a new set and hopefully you're away without much expense or trouble. I've seen that happen to several cars, als GEMS 4.0 V8.

Fitted new, genuine CPS this morning.

Started first turn of the key....... Result!!

Just as a matter of interest I fitted it from above as I could not see how I was going to get my big hands through the available space from below.

A bit awkward to see what your doing but very do- able.

Thanks for all the help, all who posted.