Orange Prep Cock up Race To Dakar

AJL

I wonder if they'd appreciate a couple of stickers?

:lol:

Yep

Quote that did it for me was

Colon "the fire system and battry cut off are fitted but neither are wired"

Charly "Do we need them for scrutinering" :huh:

Colon "No you should be alright" :o:o:o

Some of the toughest cheques will be carried out and you think they will not notice the cars to most important safety system do work......

Also the car when it gets droped off he says don't touch these two buttons one will kill the car the other will set off the fire system. der

you do need to arm the fire system so numptes don't set it off in the car park or pits....

I saw some old freinds on there Kieth with his Bowler support trucks and Selwin K on the navigation training..

I felt sorry for the Biker that had done it before as it looked like he was getting bullied into stuff he wasn't keen on by the camera team.

and none of them knew anything about the masive prep needed for the event logistics.........BMW have event cars on the race aka X-raid why didn't they sort out a car for them instead of the X5 being bodged to the start line as the support cars still have to be fully preped then brakeing down all over the place.

still glued to it and waiting for the next one :)

I thought that about the hair and drill too - couldn't muster the energy to post it though and I thouoght I might have been turned into a nanny by work

S

edit:

also note the mole grips and long sleeves and a free floating bit of wood. My god think of the children

i didn't notice the hair, probably because i've got a GB MUD hairdo... but i did spot the lack of goggles, the mole grips holding the workpiece and the loose bit of wood...... i know two people who have suffered big injuries from pilar drills, due to the work not being clamped (one guy i used to work with ending up with a broken pelvis) so always clamp stuff down. <_<

maybe someone should email a link to the HSE's grass-up-dangerous-places email address...... :D

...anyone notice the picture of colon welding...? is he a coded welder? if that was my 30k BMW i think i'd want a coded welder doing my cage........ <_<

X5_Scorpion048.jpg

i reckon scrapiron's insurance company would be interested aswell, if they've got one.... just think of the insurace claim if a cage colapsed...... :rolleyes: