CLUTCH RESULTS.....BRAKE SWITCH

Ive blade fuses according to my box TOP row 3 in from left is Reversing light and front washers/wiper and five in from left is Stop light , indicators and gauges .....this appears to be correct...May be Ive the old TD fuse box in or its been changed when the 200tdi was fitted ??????......The fuse diagram on my fuse box cover is incorrect but the pic below I found on the net and seams to match mine perfect...

post-10229-0-00718100-1414417180_thumb.jpg

LAUGH OR CRY

After all the above I went to solder the wire to just below the connecter before it enters the chassis today ....I pulled of all the convoluted tubing the garage who did the chassis swop had fitted Ive done the rest of the engine bay to match and OH GREAT two red bullet connecters come undone ARRRRRRRR .......A waste of a day and £25 The said connecters are now gone and a nice soldier and heat shrink job .......On the positive side I now have two protected wires running the length of my chassis to use for something some time. It all so means my wiring loom is 100% ok and hasn't rubbed at all and two horrid bullets have gone and I have a nice neat proper join solder and heat shrink. The reversing light was a dirty connection in the same place

I can't really moan as the rest of the chassis swop was fantastic done ...but why oh why use bullets and not join,solder and heat shrink then put in the convoluted tube

Yes lol all working great now ......have clutch, brake lights, and reversing light......cant moan the old girl has not let me down in 7-8 year not bad for 24 years old ......I knew it would give you a giggle all that with the brake lights and it was TWO BULLET connecters ....are all a learning process ..... I dream of the day I could build a defender from the chassis up or build a 200tdi engine from parts ....I put £20 in her turned my mega loud stereo on LOUD real LOUD (Blondie - Live in Ashbury Park 1979 and drove her ....what pure joy the whole time a big smile from ear to ear ................Its no luxury car but I love it ...............................it makes me happy .........its a DEFENDER and its supper sexy MENDED and its MINE ...LOL

• Like 1