Which tyres for Amatuer at Winch Comps

Lewis

Oslo Blue 90 CSW - got an orange recovery strap round the front bumper! I'm not up there at the mo, but will give you a shout when i am.

Yeah do, it would be good to meet up with more likeminded folk. The only Oslo blue 90 ive seen is Steve Foster's (the crane hire people) lads 90

Lewis

not sure on the speed rateing, iv'e had mine up to 75mph very very scary, there cr@p on road.

as for offroad i run around 8psi (but to look at dont look that low) and are very grippy :D

75mph is way more than i would risk on large muds anyway so thats ok :)

Have you experienced any problems with tyres comming off the rims at 8psi or do you run beadlocks?

Lewis

no i dont run beadlockers, but they have got tubes , never had one of the rim but do suffer from sticks stones & mud pushed up into the rim .

nearly all my mates run simex et's but i'm not that far behind them, except when it comes to fixing cv's & halfshafts :D

I used to run 34" simex jungles on my 90 and they did 2 years worth of challenges and quite a bit of road mileage.They were fantastic tyres and were fitted on deep modulars.Never had one of the rim even at 10psi with no tubes or bead locks.Have seen 100mph on them too but i wasnt an experience i would like to repeat any time soon :o .

I am now running 36"simex extremes on beadlocks which are brill but on rock i think the jungles were just as good

Paul :D

I used to run 34" simex jungles on my 90 and they did 2 years worth of challenges and quite a bit of road mileage.They were fantastic tyres and were fitted on deep modulars.Never had one of the rim even at 10psi with no tubes or bead locks.Have seen 100mph on them too but i wasnt an experience i would like to repeat any time soon :o .

I am now running 36"simex extremes on beadlocks which are brill but on rock i think the jungles were just as good

Paul :D

I quite fancy these as a replacement to SATs - 75.0 16 M/P Trekker trouble is no one seems to stock them?

post-1119-1162471914_thumb.jpg