Heated seat thermostat

Does anyone know the value of thermostat fitted to the OE seat heaters?

After fitting them all up with the new exmoor foams and trims, my drivers one worked once, got up to temperature and hasn't worked since. A quick check with the multimeter showed power to but not through the disc type bi-metal t/stat, the stat rattles so it sounds as if it has failed internally.

The passenger side works fine so I compared the seat base element and back rest element resistances just to ensure no other failings....and just to be a little rough-n-ready I bridged the stat out and both elements heated fine.

There are no markings or serial numbers on the stat, just an orange dot. A Google search for a correlation between the dot colour and a temp range has been fruitless.

The stat is there to stop it burning you if for example you fall asleep with it on, as a safety measure rather than as temperature control. A bath is generally about 40C - so a stat with an off point between 35 & 40 C would be about right.

It needs to be capable of switching about 10A

Si

Cheers Simon, I took an educated guess at a 40deg version, it's capable of 16A loads. I was going on the assumption of a domestic radiator with a surface temp of 65-70....you can't sit your backside on that for long!

At 95p each I did order a 50deg version too...I may put that on the wife's side lol