Donington 4x4 Show 2015

Mr Noisy

Went along and one off the first things I saw was a nicely patinaed 110 towing the squarestream. Offcourse it was Mrs and Mr mmgemini. Its was nice meeting them and seeing the squarestream in the fless. Did you know that they camped overnight in it before the show! I was impressed. Loved talking to the both of you.

The show it self was missing some of the interesting/innovating companies and there were a little to mutch of no connection 4x4.

Meet Mrs and Mr Idris, seems to be a habit when we go, but nice as ever.

Also got to know Chris Booth and his lovely wife. Chris was wearing his blue shirt for the day or was it black? Bought a diff of Chris, but I only had it for 10 min. Before Nigel took it as it was the 50th made by him, so they had to spend some time together. Nigel did promise to post it to me though, well time will have to tell. Talked to Simon R at Nigels stand, cant remember saying goodbye to him, so here you have it "Good bye Sir"

Talked to Malcolm Whitbread about his new pets also went by and talked to the lovely Christine and her Malcolm from North Offroad. Did see some challenge wings on sale for little money, but having bought and fitted one of the ones from North, then I would say that they are worth every penny. Fits nicely and it does come with wingtops and panels. Top kit.

Jim Marsden answered my questions regarding some specifiq details on his roll cage, turns out it was standard details for a Puma cage, so not as exotic as one thought.

So not the best of shows but I loved meeting you guys, certainly worth the trip.

Hope I havent missed anyone out.

Morten

Hoping you guys can help me out with something please.

I bought a winch bracket which attaches to the towball at the show but when I went to fit it to my winch at the weekend the holes are in the wrong place and the plate looks a little small.

The problem is I can't remember the name of the stand I bought it from to get in touch and see if I can get it swapped.

They were on the back wall about half way up and were in the same place last year.

By the back wall I mean if you stand with your back to the cafe and look across the hall they were at the opposite side.

It was a big either van or trailer with lots of lights on it, more like something you might find selling sweets and candyfloss at a fair (no slight intended in case the seller is looking in here!)

Any ideas who it was?

Thanks jackmac, it looks like you hit the nail on the head first time with Goodwinch. I've found the part on their website.

It looks like I got a bargain at £50 though for the small Bak Rak Winch Mount and the bigger one isn't what I want, so I'll make up a conversion plate.

thanks for your help.