Autocar 1 Nov

BogMonster

just went and got a copy

not many pics of you in there

you camera shy? :D

Harrrrumph

[Draws self up to full height]

Probably because I never got stuck due to a consummate display of driving skill :P

Well not when the journalists were looking anyway :ph34r:

I think I managed to avoid Stan's lens most of the time, though they did claim to have "got me" somewhere so I await the results of the download with a degree of trepidation.... :unsure:

Yeah SteveG has kindly scanned and sent it to me, there's that one and a tiny one of the 90 in Steve Cropley's editorial. Name does get mentioned once or twice though ;)

Worst of all of course the cat is now out of the bag..... I am Satan :ph34r: preparing to be demoted from mod status and ejected from the forum forthwith, as a fully paid up member of that allegedly most unhelpful greedy and ignorant breed detested by (it would seem) just about everybody on Planet Earth...? :unsure: oh well it was good while it lasted :lol:

Worst of all of course the cat is now out of the bag..... I am Satan :ph34r: preparing to be demoted from mod status and ejected from the forum forthwith, as a fully paid up member of that most unhelpful greedy and ignorant breed detested by (it would seem) just about everybody on Planet Earth...? :unsure: oh well it was good while it lasted :lol:

I thought you had given up being a politician ? :P

Nige

Are you serious Tony??

so the references to the guys at work and ready access to RAVE, etc didn't give any clues??

I assumed it's was an independent dealer though Stephen, not official. After reading Autocar I assume it's franchised and not part of LR??

Lucky for you the shipping costs are high, otherwise we'd all be asking for a forum discount on cars and parts! :lol::lol:

Cheers

Steve

Thought I know from somewhere you're trade but dealer. Does that mean you can supply us with grey import RHD 90's at lower cost than UK dealers AND fitted with 300TDi's :)

And with a forum discount on top :D

Hey, at least we know that one dealer in the world is still in touch with real grass-roots land rover owners....

... at least he is when he's listening... :P

Does this mean we are no longer independant - "LR4x4.com proudly sponsored by Land Rover Falklands" :P

Mark

Are you serious Tony??

so the references to the guys at work and ready access to RAVE, etc didn't give any clues??

I assumed it's was an independent dealer though Stephen, not official. After reading Autocar I assume it's franchised and not part of LR??

No, not part of LR, I work for a company which does all sorts of things down here including retailing (food, hardware, clothing, stationery, electronics...), shipping and stevedoring, fishing company agency, runs a hotel, does property rental and some other stuff, in the 1800s and early 1900s the company basically ran every essential service in the islands. So my bit of the empire (which has held the franchise here since about 1950 I think!) is a relatively modest part, good fun though, you get to play with lots of shiny new vehicles (in Gods own country for 4x4s) AND get paid for it, and then occasionally something really cool comes along, this has gotta be the best week I've ever spent at "work" :lol: B)

Its not all work as both the 90 and the Discovery are my own not company vehicles (used my own for the Autocar thing because it's got all the kit I need on or in it) and I have the same love/hate relationship with mine as we probably all do except I have my own T4 to plug in if mine goes wrong which is quite handy, not that I've ever needed to use it much.

Trev no it doesn't :P wish I could flog stuff back into UK but it's not allowed! anyway the vehicles would not pass a current SVA test due to the emissions, and even we are losing the good old 300Tdi at about the end of the year, I suppose all good things must come to an end :(

Tony - do you blame me for keeping it quiet with what people say about us on the forums!!!

Right I must go as I have a stone to go and crawl under :ph34r: