Injector(s)

stuck

Chaps,

My 4.6 has decided it would prefer to be a 7 cylinder so one of the injectors has thrown it's hand in.

Is it good practice to change all 8 & if so where should I be buying them from to ensure they don't come in blue boxes?

Cheers,

Mick.

I was in the same boat as you a while back. What I did was send them all to a company I found on ebay who serviced them for £15 each. One of them turned out to be faulty and had been dumping twice as much fuel through as was required. They send you graphs showing the flow rates before and after the service. I just bought one new injector and knew then I had a fully functioning set, which basically meant I could confidently move on to thing that wasnt working properly :rolleyes:

Hotwire injectors are actuallu quite cheap new, turn rail upside down and crank, anything that squirts vs a misting is sticky

I swear by FORTE injector cleaner, 2 x bottles in a little tank of fuel - less the better so stronger..

Often will clean them up if just gooed up with goo lol

Or a good s/h one and then run FORTE through the lot

3.9 4.0 4.6 all the same units :D

Nige

Anyone know if (assuming you change all 8) you can use the green Thor injectors in a GEMS engine with MS?

The green ones are physically smaller but the fuel rail & engine side O-rings look to be the same.

No you can't.

Stupid boy.

Edited by stuck

No, the injector rail doesn't reach down low enough. You could use the Bosch fuel rail, but then also have to find a way to add a return. There's a schrader valve on there (for checking pressure I think), that you can put a pipe over for the return.

You could use the Bosch fuel rail, but then also have to find a way to add a return. There's a schrader valve on there (for checking pressure I think), that you can put a pipe over for the return.

If you take the valve out you can use is as a return as I have on the Thor conversion. :i-m_so_happy:

To run Thor injectors, that's about it. I just remembered, if you don't fit the Thor lower intake, you'll have to do some grinding to clear the fuel rail. Or try to bend the pipes of the fuel rail, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea.

Cheers Chaps,

Is there a reason you would fit a Thor inlet manifold to a GEMS engine?

The reason the Thor engine came about was due to the punter whining that his/her Disco/RR with the Gems V8 wouldn't pull Tarquins/Ptracey's horse box, trailer, whatever with enough speed to keep up with the local milk float so Landrover came up with the Thor engine which is basically an inlet modification. It offered more torque at the bottom of the rev range to the detriment of top end BHP. This is OK in a Landrover pulling a trailer weighing enough to create it's own gravity but not for the go faster chaps..

That's what I heard anyway. :moglite:

Any road up have a look here