Ex MOD 110 3.5 to 4.6 upgrade

Hi everyone 1st post for me, but have been stalking about on here for snippets of info for years. Thanks to you all I've kept my old landy running for the last 8 years.

I have a project under way to swap my 3.5 weber equipped v8 for a 4.6 bosch from a p38, I'm also keen to use the power steering from the p38.

Anyone who has done this in the past and has any tips please advise?

I'm assuming that the standard exhaust manifolds from the p38 won't fit and that the standard 3.5 will be too small? I'm thinking of fitting a pair of these

http://stores.spencerashley.com/rover-v8-diy-421-exhaust-manifold-kit-to-suit-kitcar-hot-rod/

in the 2.5" flavour, and then sticking a td5 exhaust to it?

Am also thinking that in order to make the power steering upgrade as painless as possible I'll keep the serp front end and get a mega jolt igition setup. I know that you might well recommend going the full mega squirt package (I'm planning on phoning Nige when i get back from work!) but my problem is the vehicle is registered in France and they are a bit strict on changing things under the bonnet.. So to start with i'll stick with the weber until i can work out how to legally put the efi back on.

I am also replacing both foot wells whilst the engine is out, so as i mentioned anyone who has done this and has any input to share please do,

Thanks in advance, Sean.

Sort of in my 109, and will be doing exactly this in my 127. I would go full megasquirt if you can, it's not much more work than megajolt and will be far nicer than the weber (I used to have one of those, flapper EFI was better than it).

You can re-use the PAS but you'll want to get a hose professionally crimped up for the high-pressure side, it's not expensive and it's not possible to make one at home that'll be safe & reliable.

Oil cooler plumbing I looped back on itself as you can't (as far as I know) blank the fittings off. The fittings are a bit odd but a fettled fitting from the hydraulics shop with a dowty O-ring washer seemed to do the trick. Freelander oil cooler pipes are £25 and can be harvested for the correct fittings if you're really fussed.

P38 manifolds you can use but will need to tweak the exhaust downpipes to suit, IMHO they're nicer than the cast ones especially the twin-pipe type.

109 engine bay nearly done:

IMG_9287.JPG