TD5 Remote locking.

Simon_CSK

Is the battery in the key dead? If not, it sounds very much like the RF receiver has died (lives just in front of the rear sunroof above the headlining). Although from experience, when they go, i've only ever started the vehicle with the EKA code so not sure why yours starts.

Is the battery in the key dead? If not, it sounds very much like the RF receiver has died (lives just in front of the rear sunroof above the headlining). Although from experience, when they go, i've only ever started the vehicle with the EKA code so not sure why yours starts.

Both keys light up when I press the button and as both were working previously my guess is that it is something other than the battery's on the remote. The other thing I have done on the alarm side is disconnect the interior sensors to stop my dogs setting off the alarm when I lock the car with the remote.

Both keys light up when I press the button and as both were working previously my guess is that it is something other than the battery's on the remote. The other thing I have done on the alarm side is disconnect the interior sensors to stop my dogs setting off the alarm when I lock the car with the remote.

Maybe that's the problem. Why not lock with the keys when the dogs are in - that disables the interior sensors.

The rf receivers are not overly reliable,it may pay just to borrow one from another car if you can.From memory they are about £40+vat from LR if you have to buy one. The other common issue is water getting into the wiring loom on the LH A pillar when the sunroof leaks.It corrodes the pins and sockets in the multiplug and leads to high resistance in the joint.

Disconnecting the volumetric sensors is fine,they have been disconnected in every LR I've ever owned.

• 2 weeks later...