OT- But spot on Australia has the right idea

Jon White

Ok Well Aus is the place at the moment but i am a bit biased :lol:

But Aus is very strong on this sort of thing. If you are no use to them, then p**s off. (and thats the way they tell it)

But there was a cleric here the other day who sort of said it was alright for muslim men to rape women . Because if women dress like that Ie out of a burker (or what ever they call that thing which covers them all) they they should be raped. He said If a bit of meat is left in the road and and a cat eats it then do you blame the cat. No you blame the meat.For not being covered up.

OHHHH that really kicked it off. The pm is getting him kicked out

But you see stickers on the back of cars with F*** off were full. Over a pic of Aus. :lol::lol::lol:

Even funner when you have only think there is only 20 million people here. Thats less than live inside the M25 :)

CCTV isn't the evil eye people think it is - at the end of the day people watching gets pretty boring and believe it or not the operators get sacked if they spend their time looking at boobs or following people round with no reason (the tapes are randomly audited). Seeing them track criminals with it is damn impressive though - they will watch shoplifters for hours then just as they get to the bus stop to go home (thinking they're home free) with their spoils a couple of police appear from nowhere and have a little word :lol:

Cameras in themselves are not bad. After all there are far too many of them to monitor 24*7 - it just aint practical to do so on a manual basis.

The problem starts as more and more of these CCTV systems are linked together and software improves to the point where fully automated monitoring becomes possible. We are beginning to see applications that can monitor CCTV for 'suspicious' behaviour, the police are linking together all the number plate recognition camera systems around the UK and adding many more new ones, how long before CCTV technology and improved software allow automated facial recognition ? Combine all these factors with powerful back-end databases and search engines and you end up with something that not even the Soviet Union could have dreamed of on a bad day.

interesting statistic on the news last night drifting slowly off topic (soz)

we are the most watched and monitored nation on Earth, 20% of the planets CCTV cameras are in the UK :lol:

not of course forgetting intercept nodes for the net, GCHQ voice keyword activated telephoney recordings for ground and mobile based systems, numberplate recognition for SPECs etc etc... I cant see anyone in the government lining thier own pockets by releasing key DNA data about us to say... some unscrupulous insurance company that they have a shareholding in...? They are way to trustworthy for that :unsure:

martin luther king was wrong when he said if you dont stand for something you'll fall for everything...

bit like being like the frog being slow boiled - eeeeek! :lol:

I think this country has a very big problem with being overly PC - we're told we must change, must imbrace all cultures and that everything is our doing.

Here is a little quiz for you.

Where was the concept of 'political correctnes" created:

1) In pubs, village halls, marketplaces

2) Boardrooms of multinational corporations

No prizes for the correct answer.

I must have misread it Mo, I thought they were just trying to have Islamic law on an equal footing to Civil law - I didnt realise they were campaigning for the right to blow people up...

:P

just playing devils advocate but say Jo Cleric wants to fuel a prospective Jihaddy fella down at the local Bring a bomb party its sooooo much easier when they can say - "look christians hate us, they ban our beliefs...... this is a holy war... dirka dirka stan.. pick up ya dirty bomb over there mate.."

There not baning it there just not happy to dilute the countries culture with a culture that was not invited or beleive but the majority.

there marly asking them to leave a country thats citizens are not happy to be part of somthing they don't want.

The world is a big place please find somwhere else

We Were here first...... :ph34r:

go find your own land :lol:

mmm

I think it was the "empire" that screwed there land up in the first place :blink:

As Ali said, all this blew up as the self proclaimed Mufti of Oz claimed that the 'boys' who were responsible for the infamous pack rapes that occured here a few years ago and were 'religiously' based weren't responsible for their actions, it was all the girls fault. The remark relating them to "uncovered meat" is an accurate quote.

All hell has broken loose since, with the w****r claiming he was mis-quoted, as he has done for every controversial outburst over the last twenty years.

Moderate muslims were mortified and called for his removal straight away, infact most never supportd him anyway. Unfortunately he can't be deported as he now has Oz citizenship, thanks to a previous Prime Minister stepping in and preventing his deportation 15 or so years ago to shore up the Islamic vote in his electorate, although there is a whisper he holds dual passports and so could still be shown the door.

Howard's remarks bringing religion (Christianity) into the debate were just plain dumb and playing politics, as he was making a play to the increasingly influential conservative Christian vote, mimicking his mate George W. So much for being a secular society........he's just gone and alienated half the bloody country with that, and I'm really objecting to the fear mongering going on that accounts for our slowly eroding loss of freedoms.

All hell has broken loose since, with the w****r claiming he was mis-quoted, as he has done for every controversial outburst over the last twenty years.

To Rick's defence

Before you all start having hissy fits and throwing the toys out of the pram :lol::lol:

The above word which some my take offnece at is not a swear word in Aus. In Aus it is said on the news and morning TV. So is like calling someone an idiot. Not like in the uk where it is getting up to the levals of the C word. Just thought i would let you all know :):):)