Yay, I figured it out :)

I have been thinking about it for ten years, but I couldn’t get a workable ‘tube run’ that missed everything.  

The idea is that a big roll feeds the mass of the engine and front axel into the roll bar. The bar has a bend so it isn’t a pokey shock load on the front hoop. Trees will ride over the cage better. The outriggers have less to do, as does the bolted in cross member that ties them together. 

The chassis section can be reduced to bend the radius arm away from the tyre. (Max steering travel without wide rims and spacers)

554B0E85-FF76-4285-9E68-B773A54F4F90.jpeg

Wow a long time ago :o 1992/3 maybe. Just after body removal and before hacking the rangy bits off the chassis.

edit; I think that is just after it was shortened by 14”. We kept the outriggers on to use as measuring points.

2839C48B-ADD3-4219-B335-8859B0C92AF3.jpeg

Edited by Team Idris
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yay, it didn’t fold up :) (and we tested it by failing to drive over a log)

It worked really well because yesterdays trial was very tight on width. The fiddle brakes are also working like they should and the ground was just right for them.

C306BDFB-6801-4E64-A540-35033189E682.jpeg

Edited by Team Idris
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Nope :) I’m cutting it up and selling the parts.

At the end of this month we cut the cage off and when the axels go I’ll gut the frame. I need to sell the engine, but it is a nice one, so I might have to part that out to get the £1500 I need ? 

D1BE3026-DC02-462B-9E3A-3AEA27E9C880.jpeg

Edited by Team Idris

I am on target :D

Plus, I grabbed back my frame-on-wheels from father in law, so I can pull the engine and wheel it back into the garage. (I’ll use ratquadcrane to winch it out)

My engine might be a very good deal? I’ve seen one for sale for £2800 :o I only want £1500 and that is with the dry sump pump? I may need to go do some research .  . .