Wolf steel wheels

Mutley

Wolf copies have the same offset but I would never use them, they are not made with the same quality metal. Also here in Sweden anyways, it is actually cheaper to go the main dealer buy original Wolf rims than to buy the copies from the any of the aftermarket suppliers here.

Thanks guys, looking good for Withams wheel wise, not so sure about wife wise!?! Me thinks i will have to work on that bit????

Next question is tyre size?... at the moment i have 265/75/16's (insa Turbo special track) on now, so to keep tyre cost down was thinking maybe a tadge smaller tyre!?! but i dont want girlie thin things, but something that looks the part size wise, any thoughts/suggestions please?

All the best Mutley

Well what do you want from the tyres?

A 6.5j rim is suited to 7.50's or 235/85R16's. Both have been standard fitment on LR's and are both taller than 205 16's.

In fact they should both be taller/as tall as your 265's, just not as wide.

In terms of which tyres. There are simply loads to choose from, AT's will ride better on road, although some MT's can be almost as good and then better off road.

255/85R16 is about as wide as you can legally go on a 6.5j rim. But you'll find less choice of tyres in this size.

So is there a certain place you guys get your tyres from that's knocking them out at a good price or is it a case of just looking round?

And whats with summer and winter versions? Can only afford one set so which do you suggest for all year round.

Cheers again Mutley

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one set of tyres, 35 12.50 BFG MT KM2's

what vehicle is this on Lewis? I have 33 12.5 15 Cooper STT fitted on zero offset 8" modular rims (TD5 110) as I didn't think 35's would fit on a Defender without lift and / or cut...

On my 90. No lift - just new non genuine replacement OE spec springs. I don't have the factory arch spats fitted, I have flat rubber instead, but I think I could get away with standard arch spats if I cut them at the leading and trailing edges slightly.

I have cut the trailing edge of the rear wheel arch, and the forward edge of the front arch liners, and also raised the rear wheel boxes, but this is all for clearance when the suspension flexes off road and wouldn't be necessary with standard dampers fitted

Various pics to be found in my build thread/blog thing http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=87348

• 2 months later...

Did you get sorted in the end, Mutley? Vass in Ampthill have mountains of used and unused old stock MoD Wolf rims with XZLs and G90s. I wouldn't chose eihter of those tyres, but the rims will be cheap. I like 235/85 BFG ATKOs - been using them for years; high mileage, plenty of grip on roads including in snow and ice, lots of grip on gravel and shale. They clog more easily in mud than MTs, but they're not too noisy or bad on fuel. I won't buy anything else now, having tried a few others.

Yes Snagger, decided to go with Standard 16x7 modular steels. Mainly due to lack of tyre choice on size and make plus the weight as the spare wheel is mounted on the rear door.

So wanted to keep it as near to standard as possible but alas the black modulars killed that idea :( so instead decided to go with a theme, basicaly black and green! Black wheels, black light bar, black rock sliders and as it's in for a re-sprau black roof with conistan green body. Hopefuly it should look kind of smart with out being OTT!?!