Help with alternator near calais??

Eightpot

Can't find anything useful as I type, however you could ring mm4x4 at martin hussingtree. and ask them to send on across to you if you are stopping out there for a bit.

+44 (0)1905 451506 till 17:30 might just catch them

Is is seized or is the diodepack gone? you might be better taking the belt off if it's seized and rigging something to run the waterpump. I had a bearing collapse in Rhyader one Sun and drove my 2.5nad back to mids with just the battery. careful use of battery on the diesel means you only really need to keep the stop solenoid open. Everyhting else is a load. I.e no big loads like lights/wipers/heater motor. You could cover a fair few miles if you can charge the battery up over night and drive in the day.

Pete

Well what a laugh- alternator destroyed itself within a few miles, took the belt out, no drive to waterpump, engine cooked leaving us in the pitch black at the side of the autoroutee with a flat battery.

The only thing we had to try and make a fan belt with was the elastic waistband from my mates pants! (Doesn't work. .)

That sounds grim... Is yr engine still ok? I THINK the alternator is an A127 unit also used on JCBs, Massey Fergusons and heaps of other stuff. They're pretty common and any decent depanneur should be able to sort it.... I'd say a well-stocked agri shop would have it on the shelf.

Bonne chance, bonne route