poor Starting then runs fine after 5 minutes

keithjh

Hi All,

My wife has a TD5 (2000 Model).

It started off with a blown head gasket, head removed and skimmed, pressure tested. Refitted with apart from head gasket kit (new bolts etc) it had new injector seals.

At the same time I fitted new radiator and water pump.

Also had a new (land rover) fuel pressure regulator and new air flow meter.

Glow plugs tested all fine.

Anyway after rebuilding started fine no problems and ran well.

The problem is that when its cold ,after standing outside overnight it starts on and runs on 3 cylinders wont rev etc after a couple of minutes it goes onto all 5 and drives fine all day.

Leave it again overnight it does the same,

It has been on testbook and shows no faults when running.

I have replaced the injector seals again in case this was the problem, all parts are genuine land rover, no Britpart carp has been used.

I noticed a small diesel damp spot on the fuel filter so I replaced with a new filter head and filter in case air was being drawn in but its still the same.

I am starting to pull my little remaining hair out and considering buying a gallon of petrol :ph34r:.

Any ideas before I put it out of its misery and shoot the person I'm not that keen on.

Regards

Keith

Try doing a couple of fuel-system-purge cycles before doing a cold-start: this will give you a good idea whether the problem is air somehow getting into the fuel-system or not.

A healthy TD5 should fire from cold within a couple of engine-rotations.