Disco-Ron

Going auto.... shifter location? ???...

I'm building a 90 v8 auto and wondered where people have put the shifter when they've done it....

anyone got any pictures? ?.

Ta

Thanks Paul, I have a metal cubby box so maybe I could move it backwards and extend it forwards....

I'm currently at the bare chassis stage so can't really work it out quite yet...

I just removed centre seat base closing panel . remade in 6mm ali , and bolted shifter assy to that in furthest right front corner , allowing for clearance on seatbase edge . Modded centre cubby to allow 2 cup holders along passenger side of shifter . HTSH

Sounds like an option. ... needs to be close to hand so I can shift on the move. ... it's basically for rtv work. So pretty much all slow speed work. ... Thanks!

Hi Paul, I have just bought a converted auto 90. The conversion has been done great but the console has been bodged. You wouldn't happen to remember the sizes of the console you made? It looks great. Would like to give it a try myself. Thanks Mike

I’m converting mine to Auto. I have just purchased a D3 centre console with cooler box. Will be interesting trying to fit it but I’ve seen one done in a forum. Looked good too which is why I went for it

I got the Ashcroft mounter and cut the front off the cubby box for it to fit. I might do something neater later but my winch control comes up through the center panel. I got the proper gearbox level rubber cover since this photo as well and fed some leds in to light up the shifter.

03DA404D-815B-49C0-A1A9-0F0BC33E4283.thumb.jpeg.cd6302bdcd18a9b88e22ba17517f9cb3.jpeg

I went the Ashcroft route as well.

Console.jpg.7af8ed15ab308fce0cc50e5a7dae09ea.jpg

18 months on and it's still looking good despite quite a lot of use.....

• Like 1