Trip to the Pyrenees

GBMUD

As you get further South you may want to consider staying here Auberge

The owner does the French Tout Terrain series and did the Dakar this year. The food is cheap proper grub, nice bar. Pictures of 4x4 everywhere. DDG barmaid.

Steve,,, someone else has also recommend that place to me, Richard Towel use to do trips down there , using that place as a central base, along with 2/3 day trips round

I would have thought they would help you with some routes, they seem to do a fair bit on the quad and 4x4 excursions.

I stayed there for four nights during Des Cimes. It was spot on for me. Very friendly, love the English, bar open late, Litre sized beer glasses on request, food; wholesome rustic. I went for the set menu at night, cheap and good.

I would prefer an east - west direction of travel as my route is down the east of France and up the West...... , but as I will be down there before you lot I suppose I could be a bit flexible........ :lol:<_<

Planning on doing the Gorge du Tarn, Mo - if you want to join us you're welcome. Would be in the week before the weekend...... :wacko:

Good one Steve, nicely located compared to the road book too.

What our our fellow participants think ?

And could someone brighter than me explain the tariff :(

I think I've fathomed the tariff now, it looks like there is a room price, then there is a half or full board supplement per person to be added to the room rate.

Mo

Montory.jpg

Been doing a bit of research - Formule1 is looking pretty unbeatable on the hotel front, that is as long as you don't mind topping and tailing to get three of you in the room!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Take a look at this map HERE - plenty of hotels where we are going!

Sign me up!!

Can I ask everyone who is currently planning to go to get set up with Skype?

We can then have a conference call (for free :D ) to agree some of the details of this trip.

So far I know that Chris, Tim, SimonR and Mo are on Skype, what abou the rest of you?

Tony - sounds interesting, can you fill me in please? I'll then pass the info on to the rest of the rabble. Are you not tempted to join us? Marie was hoping Val was going to come to even things up a bit!!

Bish old boy, do read the whole thread will you, there's a good chap ;)

Formule 1 on the first page, Auberge de l'étable in Montory further up on this page :)

I agree, Formule 1 are pretty hard to beat in the cheap and cheerful stakes !

For our southbound group I would suggest a night stop at Angouleme where there is a formule 1 hotel, and from then on to Montory (which is within striking distance of the northernmost 3 days of the roadbook route) for perhaps 4 nights (half board, demi pension). Then on eastwards toward Andorra via the roadbook over the remaining days.

I have prepared an Itinery file for tomtom from home to Montory, if anyone wants a copy of it just email; you'll just have to change the first waypoint to your home (easy).

Mo

As I am going to be there ahead of you lot, can we agree a rendzvous day and place for the start of the off roading?

I can then adjust my Tomtom Itinerant Itinerary :blink: accordingly!

Mo - I did read the whole blooming thread, just got a bit confuddled part way down. Not however, before my good lady wife read your post near the start........ better pack the cricket "equipment" old fella :lol::lol::ph34r:

Thank you, James for that heartfelt and frank admission of your guilt. :D

I have gone ahead and made arrangements for myself for the first few days of the trip, namely hotels.

I have booked an overnight on the 9th in the Angouleme F1 and I have booked myself into the Auberge de l'étable for the nights of the 10,11,12 and 13th May.

Mo

I have booked an overnight on the 9th in the Angouleme F1 and I have booked myself into the Auberge de l'étable for the nights of the 10,11,12 and 13th May.

Angouleme booked, Auberge de l'étable website seems to be down just now...

Chris