ex-mod 1990 V8 110

land_rover_one_ten

I am thinking about buying an ex-mod V8 110 soft top which I have come across.

I have not owned an ex-mod land rover before and am curious about its history.

It is on a G plate but do I need to know its military registration before I can get the merlin report?

Does anyone have any idea what role it might have performed in service?

Were V8's used for different roles than the 2.5 N/A?

Were there any V8 FFR? It has the square blocks on the wings but is 12v so I don't think it was FFR.

the folks over at emlra may offer an insight. Pictures may help for a guess of previous use. If it has the antenna wing box plates and cabling fitted it may be a 12v ffr or adapted for radio using the clip in sets with 14v chargers. the 110 soft top may have been for forward support roles, in some countries petrol is easier to get hold of thn diesel. Indeed the v8 was able to be used on many grades of petrol in third world countries. The data plate should be on the seatbox to give more clues to reg etc.

There was a batch of 650 (or so) V8 110s ordered in 1989/1990.

I believe that they were intended for use by 5 Airborne Brigade, as there was some issue with using Diesel vehicles in the intended role or theatre of operations.

I've got the Land Rover Military Defender V8 Supplementary Parts Catalogue for this batch of V8 110s - I'll go and find it, as I'm sure that it had details of the contract and variants, as well as the range of registration numbers.

• Like 1

But aircraft turbo prop/turbojet [hercules engines] engines run Kerosene [similar to white diesel] so wouldn't work in petrol engined vehicles.

most likely the last batch of petrol vehicles for operation areas where diesel is hard to obtain but petrol supply was fairly easy to obtain,