Popular Modifications Sub-Section?

Currently going through the 11 pages of Tech Archive to weed out any threads with dead/non working links to sites off LR4x4.com.

If those with threads linked to tech archive could have a look & restore any missing photo's that would be brilliant.

Just an idea maybe worth considering?

I was reading through Sams axle rebuild thread recently and came across his brake pipe modification whereby he fitted a stainless flexi brake pipe rather than the copper pipe to the front calipers to make certain jobs a lot easier.

This is a great little mod that i never thought of........

Any suggestions how we link to this one? http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=91867

The brake line stuff is buried quite far into two rather large posts in that thread, my guess is we link to the thread and add a note to scroll a long way to see the bits you want?

It should be included as after all it was the catalyst for the index in the first place :)

How about converting rear drums to discs......

I was wondering whether the links are that important.........

Could not just the information be presented and then a link to the search results be given, such as

For the wiper relay...... wiper relay defender site:lr4x4.com

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=wiper%20relay%20defender%20upgrade%20site%3Alr4x4.com

Then all the links dead or alive would not become stale..................

It seems to me that the current way is not that future proof..........

I would think that it is more important to be food for thought rather than solution after solution. Then it would be far easier to manage and could be definitive. More like an index to modifications which are then solved via multiple threads on the forum.

People are intelligent enough to want to cross reference modification solutions anyway.

That came out wrong, what I meant to say was that an index of popular modifications could lead the searcher to some hints/solutions via google search results and not a direct link to an answer. Not me getting edgy about how my ideas were going down!!!! Sorry!