MS no spark help please :-)

Badders

Hi Everyone

I could do with some help please?

I've bought a MS kit from Nige but I need some fault finding help, I have the kit installed on a Thor 4.0 from a disco 2, now mounted into a 90, but I can't get it to start, I've done a few tests and the coil packs aren't firing, with testing I have 12V to the centre pin on the LT connector on to the coil pack, but I'm not getting a ground whilst cranking... on any of the 4 coils.

My laptop is reading RPM of about 150rpm during cranking, so the VR is working, the injectors are firing, I have water temp, air temp, MAP pressure, Throttle position, but no spark. :(

I have a friend who's a similar set-up so tested my EDIS on his car yesterday and it worked fine...

I have continuity from the coil packs to the EDIS, every other wire looks to be correct, I even disconnected the PIP ans SAW wires after reading that the EDIS will go into limp mode if they're not connected... nothing!

the EDIS was earthed out to the battery, but I've just changed that to earth into the MS ECU...

I know it must be my wiring but I cant find it... and even if I did have the coil pack wires in the wrong order I should still have coils firing, even if it won't run?

Thanks for your help...

Stu

Do you only see 150rpm in that case, or is it possible you see another rpm?

I was seeing the cranking speed in Megatune either way around, but I was not getting a ground at the coilpacks. I would see 130ish rpm if the battery was a little flatter or 155 ish after a full charge...

I fear my battery is on the way out too!

Stu