Freelander 1 drivers window problem

matfield

Hi Guys,

The mothers Freelander failed the MOT on the drivers front window not opening. I've replaced the regulator, as there was an issue with the cables, but now there is no movement at all, not even a click of a relay from the switch (the relays would click and the window would try and open with the broken regulator, but now nothing). The switch pack was also replaced as I thought that was the issue, so I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me A: where the relays are located or B: what else I can check. The fuses are ok.

Thanks a million

Mat

Hi Mat the fuse box is located under the bonnet and here is a link to the relays and which one is which http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/GUYVANIDERSTINE/2009-11-28_062148_02_landrover_fuse_box.gif

Have you taken the door card off again to check that none of the wiring was disturbed when you were putting things back together?

I recently changed my off side regulator and it was a suqeeze getting the new one into the door panel, also the replaced switch pack might be faulty, put the old one back in and try that if you still have it

Hope it helps

Mick

ive had issues with the rocker switches before, the contacts inside can get dirty and then stop transmitting current, i had this on a FL1 sunroof which opened and wouldnt close! it was raining too.

its easy to pull the switches apart but there are lots of loose parts inside so take it and do it on the kitchen table where its clean and you can find things that may drop out haha.

if you disassemble with the switch facing upwards however nothing should fall apart.

to determine what it is use a multimeter and check for voltage at the correct wires at the multiplug behind the door card first, then work back from there

Thanks for the replies gents!! I'll be having a look tomorrow when she comes to see the grandkids so I'll let you know how I get on. I'd like to rule out the switch as it was a genuine land rover, nothing blue box, so it looks like I could be taking off the door card again.

Looking at that fuse box diagram it looks like there is just one relay for all windows and it is controlled by an ecu?

Thanks again!!

Mat