swapping manifolds on 200 TDI

Perfectly feasible lapper old chap but not the manifolds alone as you'll discover when you try to poke the intercooler piping through the alternator. You will also need to swap the alternator mount, the power steering pump mount, the Defender timing case, the injector pump brackets, the dipstick and tube and the injector pipes.

All quite straightforward mechanics. If it's too daunting then Fit the disco lump and just buy the pipework to suit.

If the old defender engine is well past its best and you just use the disco lump as is, I'm looking for a defender lump complete for my spares collection :)

HTH

Mo

From someone who had a discovery lump and was lucky enough to find a defender lump! I'd strongly advise against putting the discovery engine into it as it is, it will cause you a whole world of pain that is ... if you're pulling engines out anyway, you might as well swap over all the correct bits you'll thank yourself in the future if you did.

• 1 month later...