STOLEN

ananab

:angry2: My baby has just been stolen. I must of been less than 10 metres away in the work flat i'm staying in, in Birmingham.

She's a 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 ex-FFR 2.5 na Diesel, registration L189 DRH. Her rear foot steps have the Royal Engineer Corps colours on them (red with 2 horizontal blue stripes) and the roof lining i put in the back is black and white cow print (i know, i know). She's still NATO matt green and has the spare on the bonnet.

Stupidly the last time i drove her i was lazy and left the bag with all her registration docs inside.

I know it's a long shot, but please keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks from a sad and angry man

John

L189 DRH

L189 DRH

Would certainly seem to be a pattern, with quite a few going over Christmas, http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2//index.php?board=7.0

Wonder if there are certain individuals who were at it a few years back who have been let out, and are back to what they know how to do best.

Sorry for vagueness but a google search stolen landrovers midlands would throw up some info.

after a bit of searching Saw this post on defender2.net

http://www.defender2.net/forum/post146493.html

could be nothing and all above board, but interesting observation that ebay smaller items are photo'd on house/driveway, larger items are on rough ground such as wasteland etc.

can't find any record of a company reg with ebay name,

Just a bit of an update. Still no news from the Police, and to be honest I don't expect a positive outcome. However, for those few who think it's a victim less crime; apart from the amount of hours and dosh put into my baby, it now transpires there is a very high chance I will not get an insurance pay out due to a technicality that voids my claim. Very sad teddy bear here right now. :rtfm:

Whatever the 'technicality' is - I would fight it! Take it to the Insurance Ombudsman if your insurer won't budge. They usually find on behalf of the claimant.

Si

Second this.

A few years ago I read a very interesting article on insurance which I failed to save or have lost :angry2: . Basically it revealed that an insurance company cannot refuse a claim on the grounds of a technicality that has no bearing or relevance on the claim. For example, mistakenly quoting a wrong engine size and the claim is for a vehicle that was stolen when parked outside your property.

They will try to bully and badger you but an ombudsman will be sympathetic.