Which intercooler???

"Alisport said the 110 was a money pit and that you'll want EVERYTHING done. How true..."

I have given up on everything! I'm just opting for running OK with as few leaks as possible. Even the bed in the back is out of the window! Just going to chuck a tent in for the weekends.

"No I mean the tank was bone dry after 120miles!"

For a bit extra HP! Forget it. My little baby gives me about 29-31mpg. I thought I was getting more. When I first bought the LR I seemed to be going on forever on my first tank of fuel. Didn't realise the needle in exactly the same postion for about 150 miles. Ran out of fuel just 50 metres before getting on an autobahn! Glad it happened before getting on there as that would have incurred a hefty fine.

I take it I will have to change the float and sender unit?

i fitted an intercooler from straight forward supplies & tweaked my pump myself (again). id tweaked the pump got a lot nicer car before the intercooler, but i found i could tweak more with the larger intercooler. i also upped the boost to 18psi when i fitted the intercooler.

over all i get a slightly better mpg (probably from using less revs) and a faster car. it was fine stock but with 32s on a disco the stock 200tdi struggled a bit to pull it around.

has anyone logged any numbers (air in, out vs ambient) for the after market I/C's to compare to OE ??

How efficient (how close to ambient) can they get vs pressure drop ??

very curious to see fair dinkum numbers. ;)

Also remember that after being cooled nicely by the I/C, the air hit's an inlet plennum that is superheated nicely by the exhaust manifold and turbo below it. Some insulation there would be a good idea.

FWIW, Tdi's seem to respond well to good exhaust mods, at least on a long 130 system. Quicker spool up and ability to use more revs easily.

The biggest surprise was my 3" mandrel bent system dropped max EGT's over 20*C on my test hill. Gives more room for manouvering with pump (and in concert with I/C) mods