Disco 1 Flywheel Bolts

JB750

Yes. they are "special" because the untapped "land" portion of the bolt is an exact fit into the flywheel bolt hole so that they act as sideways (lash) location pins as well as retaining the flywheel onto the crankshaft. The price of Stirling 2.50 seem a tad high compared with our AUD$ but there you are, -- considering what they do I wouldn't advise you use anything other than genuine, a flywheel coming adrift isn't a pretty sight :blink:, I saw the result of a diesel generator set flywheel that did just that once and the hole in the building wall was quite impressive :rofl:

Cheers guys. New bolts are on order now, seems a small price to pay for peace of mind. After all, I am spending a fair bit of cash and a whole lash of time on it this time so I might as well go for it!

I just hope after all this that the damn thing runs for more than a couple of hundred miles without issue! :(