LED side / Indicator / Brake Lights - How to / can I ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

better to swap the complete lights for fully sealed units, led lights in units made for normal bulbs is technically illegal & would give a incorrect light spread,

Wipac led lights

http://www.wipac-aftermarket.com/cgi-bin/ss000063.pl?page=search&SS=led&search.x=6&search.y=10&search=ACTION&PR=-1&TB=A

another thread on here about led lighting http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=38665

I replaced all of my lights with the Wipac LED ones a couple of years ago, it came with the adjustable flasher unit so that you can adjust the flash rate for a trailer also as the standard flasher unit will mean it is too fast.

For the year I used them I didn't have any issues and the light they gave of was 10x better actually felt that people could see me in the dark lanes, they are costly but as sealed units they are pretty tough also being solid resin.

Jason.

gUESSING LOOKING AT THOSE THEY ARE COMPLETE NEW UNITS WITH ledS AND NOT AS MENTION "cONVERTED / ILLEGAL LIGHTS :D ??

wHAT IF YOU CHUNCH ONE, CAN YOU GET SPARES / SINGLE LIGHTS ETC ?...CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THERE WEBSITE ?

ARGH ! Sorry for the attack of Caps locks, seems my coffe keyboard moment means need a new keyboard :rofl: bugger ..........

Yes they are complete units being Wipac they are fully e marked and legal. You can get single units not my favourite company but bolt on bits do both their RDX ones and the Wipac ones.

Jason

A few years ago, I put sealed trailer LED lights in the rear of my Hybrid.

post-194-0-05137200-1422714757_thumb.jpg

I was for always backing into trees and breaking lens, these flush mounted lights are perfect for me, haven't broke any since installing. :-)

post-194-0-22263200-1422714852_thumb.jpg

They are E & ADR marked lights and are super bright.

Todd.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 31/01/2015 at 11:32 AM, western said:

better to swap the complete lights for fully sealed units, led lights in units made for normal bulbs is technically illegal & would give a incorrect light spread,

Wipac led lights

http://www.wipac-aftermarket.com/cgi-bin/ss000063.pl?page=search&SS=led&search.x=6&search.y=10&search=ACTION&PR=-1&TB=A

another thread on here about led lighting http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=38665

Great link through to the 2009 thread... quick question is mobile centre the best people to talk to about LED lights as I see that every one is offering them from eBay to the more main stream upgrade shops.

Any suggestions welcomed.

cheers Shorty

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2017 at 6:46 PM, Happyoldgit said:

<shameless plug> Whole set of RDX LED side & indicator lamps sat idle in my garage along with flasher unit/s. Were used on my last Puma and the one before that......

Thanks guys.

Steve are the RDX LED lights the same as the NAS clear lights with plinths?  and do you need the flasher unit even in the later Puma's?

Thanks

Shorty

No these matched the existing indicator lamps fitted as standard on the XS Puma's - namely clear front and amber rears. Tail lamps are red. In looks they are hard to distinguish from standard OE units. They do not have plinths.

Yes you need to replace the standard flasher unit across all models that were originally fitted with standard filament bulbs.

On 21/06/2017 at 2:56 PM, Happyoldgit said:

No these matched the existing indicator lamps fitted as standard on the XS Puma's - namely clear front and amber rears. Tail lamps are red. In looks they are hard to distinguish from standard OE units. They do not have plinths.

Yes you need to replace the standard flasher unit across all models that were originally fitted with standard filament bulbs.

Thanks happy... that really helps.... :-)